May 15, 2012, 3:23 PM EDT
As CSNChicago.com reported yesterday, no charges were filed against Blackhawks forward Patrick Kane despite anonymous allegations published on Deadspin that he choked a woman while partying in Madison, Wisconsin, on May 5.
According to the Madison Police Department, a sergeant did have contact with Kane, “but whatever his behavior was it did not rise to the level of an arrest.”
The Chicago Sun-Times also followed up with Madison police and got a similar story, though with a few more details:
Joel DeSpain, the public information officer for the Madison Police Department, said one of its sergeants “had contact” with Kane on May 5, but that the actions of the Hawks’ star did not warrant a citation or arrest.
The female sergeant, who was not aware of who the Hawks’ star winger was, told Kane and another man to breakup an argument and sent both in opposite directions, DeSpain said.
DeSpain said his department is aware of the Deadspin article that included allegations the winger choked a woman at frat party early that day.
However, he said he was not aware of any complaints or any pending legal action against Kane.
So on the bright side, Kane wasn’t arrested for fighting or choking a woman.
On the other hand, newspapers are having to report he wasn’t arrested for fighting or choking a woman.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 17
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)