May 15, 2012, 3:23 PM EST
As CSNChicago.com reported yesterday, no charges were filed against Blackhawks forward Patrick Kane despite anonymous allegations published on Deadspin that he choked a woman while partying in Madison, Wisconsin, on May 5.
According to the Madison Police Department, a sergeant did have contact with Kane, “but whatever his behavior was it did not rise to the level of an arrest.”
The Chicago Sun-Times also followed up with Madison police and got a similar story, though with a few more details:
Joel DeSpain, the public information officer for the Madison Police Department, said one of its sergeants “had contact” with Kane on May 5, but that the actions of the Hawks’ star did not warrant a citation or arrest.
The female sergeant, who was not aware of who the Hawks’ star winger was, told Kane and another man to breakup an argument and sent both in opposite directions, DeSpain said.
DeSpain said his department is aware of the Deadspin article that included allegations the winger choked a woman at frat party early that day.
However, he said he was not aware of any complaints or any pending legal action against Kane.
So on the bright side, Kane wasn’t arrested for fighting or choking a woman.
On the other hand, newspapers are having to report he wasn’t arrested for fighting or choking a woman.
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 0
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 45
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 71
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 55
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 74
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (72)