May 15, 2012, 3:23 PM EST
As CSNChicago.com reported yesterday, no charges were filed against Blackhawks forward Patrick Kane despite anonymous allegations published on Deadspin that he choked a woman while partying in Madison, Wisconsin, on May 5.
According to the Madison Police Department, a sergeant did have contact with Kane, “but whatever his behavior was it did not rise to the level of an arrest.”
The Chicago Sun-Times also followed up with Madison police and got a similar story, though with a few more details:
Joel DeSpain, the public information officer for the Madison Police Department, said one of its sergeants “had contact” with Kane on May 5, but that the actions of the Hawks’ star did not warrant a citation or arrest.
The female sergeant, who was not aware of who the Hawks’ star winger was, told Kane and another man to breakup an argument and sent both in opposite directions, DeSpain said.
DeSpain said his department is aware of the Deadspin article that included allegations the winger choked a woman at frat party early that day.
However, he said he was not aware of any complaints or any pending legal action against Kane.
So on the bright side, Kane wasn’t arrested for fighting or choking a woman.
On the other hand, newspapers are having to report he wasn’t arrested for fighting or choking a woman.
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 0
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 8
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers face Red Wings on Rivalry Night 10
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 8
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Report: Alfredsson retirement to be announced Dec. 4 10
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 10
- Why are the Oilers still bad? Look at their drafting 21
- The Leafs are worth almost seven times the Panthers, says Forbes 21
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)