May 15, 2012, 3:23 PM EDT
As CSNChicago.com reported yesterday, no charges were filed against Blackhawks forward Patrick Kane despite anonymous allegations published on Deadspin that he choked a woman while partying in Madison, Wisconsin, on May 5.
According to the Madison Police Department, a sergeant did have contact with Kane, “but whatever his behavior was it did not rise to the level of an arrest.”
The Chicago Sun-Times also followed up with Madison police and got a similar story, though with a few more details:
Joel DeSpain, the public information officer for the Madison Police Department, said one of its sergeants “had contact” with Kane on May 5, but that the actions of the Hawks’ star did not warrant a citation or arrest.
The female sergeant, who was not aware of who the Hawks’ star winger was, told Kane and another man to breakup an argument and sent both in opposite directions, DeSpain said.
DeSpain said his department is aware of the Deadspin article that included allegations the winger choked a woman at frat party early that day.
However, he said he was not aware of any complaints or any pending legal action against Kane.
So on the bright side, Kane wasn’t arrested for fighting or choking a woman.
On the other hand, newspapers are having to report he wasn’t arrested for fighting or choking a woman.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 4
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 30
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 8
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 53
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)