May 15, 2012, 3:23 PM EST
As CSNChicago.com reported yesterday, no charges were filed against Blackhawks forward Patrick Kane despite anonymous allegations published on Deadspin that he choked a woman while partying in Madison, Wisconsin, on May 5.
According to the Madison Police Department, a sergeant did have contact with Kane, “but whatever his behavior was it did not rise to the level of an arrest.”
The Chicago Sun-Times also followed up with Madison police and got a similar story, though with a few more details:
Joel DeSpain, the public information officer for the Madison Police Department, said one of its sergeants “had contact” with Kane on May 5, but that the actions of the Hawks’ star did not warrant a citation or arrest.
The female sergeant, who was not aware of who the Hawks’ star winger was, told Kane and another man to breakup an argument and sent both in opposite directions, DeSpain said.
DeSpain said his department is aware of the Deadspin article that included allegations the winger choked a woman at frat party early that day.
However, he said he was not aware of any complaints or any pending legal action against Kane.
So on the bright side, Kane wasn’t arrested for fighting or choking a woman.
On the other hand, newspapers are having to report he wasn’t arrested for fighting or choking a woman.
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 5
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 12
- (Video) PHT Extra: Carlyle’s on the hot seat, Hartley’s riding high 0
- Hextall launched profanity-laced tirade against Flyers last night 28
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him 53
- NHL watching 3-on-3 OT in the AHL closely 12
- Sens’ Murray hopes to bring cancer awareness 5
- Pens’ Dupuis has blood clot in lung, out six months 25
- It’s not all Carlyle’s fault, but the Leafs’ coach is failing at his job 12
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers host Flyers on Rivalry Night 4
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (53)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)
- Bettman calls Panthers relocation speculation ‘unfounded’ (36)