May 15, 2012, 6:28 PM EDT
In the latest installment of PHT Extra, Mike Halford and Jason Brough (aka “those two guys from Night at the Roxbury”) check in on the Eastern Conference finals after New York’s 3-0 win over New Jersey in Game 1.
Following the game, Rangers head coach John Tortorella dismissed the notion that his team was fatigued — “We’re not a tired hockey club,” he said — but that could change if the Devils continue to wear New York down with their forecheck.
Speaking of the Devils, PHT Extra also takes a look at how they’ll respond to the physicality of this series.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
And to answer your question — no, we are not wearing the same outfit. My shirt is cornflower blue, Jason’s is cerulean.
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 3
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 35
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 25
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 90
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- Leafs ‘lack an identity,’ says Leiweke 30
- On the hot seat: McPhee will ‘talk in a couple of days’ 21
- Bruins are 7/2 favorites to win the Stanley Cup; Blues next at 6/1 49
- End of an era: Trotz out as Nashville head coach 40
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (90)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)