May 15, 2012, 2:36 PM EDT
Adrian Aucion is close to returning to action. We just don’t know how close.
The Coyotes defenseman will be a game-time decision for tonight’s tilt against Los Angeles after missing Game 1 with an undisclosed injury. Aucoin’s been out of action since Game 5 of the Nashville series on May 7.
He was able to take part in a full practice on Monday for the first time.
In Sunday’s 4-2 loss to the Kings, defenseman David Schlemko filled in for Aucoin, playing just 10:52 — the least among all six Phoenix defensemen — finishing with a minus-1 rating.
As such, it’s likely Phoenix wants Aucoin back in for Game 2. The 38-year-old was averaging over 18 minutes a game prior to getting hurt and was third on the team with a plus-4 rating.
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 2
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 13
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 24
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 42
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 19
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)