May 15, 2012, 2:36 PM EDT
Adrian Aucion is close to returning to action. We just don’t know how close.
The Coyotes defenseman will be a game-time decision for tonight’s tilt against Los Angeles after missing Game 1 with an undisclosed injury. Aucoin’s been out of action since Game 5 of the Nashville series on May 7.
He was able to take part in a full practice on Monday for the first time.
In Sunday’s 4-2 loss to the Kings, defenseman David Schlemko filled in for Aucoin, playing just 10:52 — the least among all six Phoenix defensemen — finishing with a minus-1 rating.
As such, it’s likely Phoenix wants Aucoin back in for Game 2. The 38-year-old was averaging over 18 minutes a game prior to getting hurt and was third on the team with a plus-4 rating.
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 0
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 11
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 15
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 9
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 9
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 29
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 3
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)