May 15, 2012, 2:36 PM EDT
Adrian Aucion is close to returning to action. We just don’t know how close.
The Coyotes defenseman will be a game-time decision for tonight’s tilt against Los Angeles after missing Game 1 with an undisclosed injury. Aucoin’s been out of action since Game 5 of the Nashville series on May 7.
He was able to take part in a full practice on Monday for the first time.
In Sunday’s 4-2 loss to the Kings, defenseman David Schlemko filled in for Aucoin, playing just 10:52 — the least among all six Phoenix defensemen — finishing with a minus-1 rating.
As such, it’s likely Phoenix wants Aucoin back in for Game 2. The 38-year-old was averaging over 18 minutes a game prior to getting hurt and was third on the team with a plus-4 rating.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 15
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 37
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)