May 15, 2012, 2:36 PM EDT
Adrian Aucion is close to returning to action. We just don’t know how close.
The Coyotes defenseman will be a game-time decision for tonight’s tilt against Los Angeles after missing Game 1 with an undisclosed injury. Aucoin’s been out of action since Game 5 of the Nashville series on May 7.
He was able to take part in a full practice on Monday for the first time.
In Sunday’s 4-2 loss to the Kings, defenseman David Schlemko filled in for Aucoin, playing just 10:52 — the least among all six Phoenix defensemen — finishing with a minus-1 rating.
As such, it’s likely Phoenix wants Aucoin back in for Game 2. The 38-year-old was averaging over 18 minutes a game prior to getting hurt and was third on the team with a plus-4 rating.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)