May 15, 2012, 2:36 PM EDT
Adrian Aucion is close to returning to action. We just don’t know how close.
The Coyotes defenseman will be a game-time decision for tonight’s tilt against Los Angeles after missing Game 1 with an undisclosed injury. Aucoin’s been out of action since Game 5 of the Nashville series on May 7.
He was able to take part in a full practice on Monday for the first time.
In Sunday’s 4-2 loss to the Kings, defenseman David Schlemko filled in for Aucoin, playing just 10:52 — the least among all six Phoenix defensemen — finishing with a minus-1 rating.
As such, it’s likely Phoenix wants Aucoin back in for Game 2. The 38-year-old was averaging over 18 minutes a game prior to getting hurt and was third on the team with a plus-4 rating.
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 45
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 11
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)