May 15, 2012, 3:01 PM EDT
The Devils have aggressively fired the latest salvo in the Hudson River Rivalry.
The initiative is called “No Blue”. The idea is to keep Rangers fans out of the Prudential Center. The Devils website describes it like this:
Through exclusive presales, the majority of the seats at The Rock for all Devils home games this series, are in the hands of Devils fans. However, seats remain on the secondary market for purchase and to ensure the we “Protect Home Ice” below are some ways in which you as Devils fans can ensure the Rock is PACKED in RED.
Here — once again, straight from the Devils website — are the “3 WAYS TO PROTECT HOME ICE”:
1) If you own seats and have to sell for any of the home games because of conflicts, do NOT list your seats on the secondary market. Blogs such as Fire and Ice, In Lou We Trust, and HFBoards provide you with outlets to speak directly with other Devils fans who are looking for seats. This will ensure you are selling ONLY to other Devils fans. You can ask for pictures or meet them to deliver tickets, to ensure where their loyalty lies.
2) If you are unsure about conversing on Devils blogs to sell your tickets, you can call the Devils Fan Experience Team line at 855-DEV-ARMY, and as a service they will help you sell your seats you can’t use, to other Devils fans.
3) If you do not own seats already, visit secondary market ticket sales websites including Ticket Exchange to purchase your tickets immediately. Thousands of seats still remain for both Rangers home games at The Garden. Therefore, there is a window right NOW, for Devils fans to swallow up all the remaining tickets for the upcoming Devils home games at the Rock. Seize that opportunity now while it is still available.
I imagine plenty of Rangers fans will be upset with this latest development.
Also upset? Tobias Funke.
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 0
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 15
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 30
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 10
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (67)