May 15, 2012, 3:01 PM EDT
The Devils have aggressively fired the latest salvo in the Hudson River Rivalry.
The initiative is called “No Blue”. The idea is to keep Rangers fans out of the Prudential Center. The Devils website describes it like this:
Through exclusive presales, the majority of the seats at The Rock for all Devils home games this series, are in the hands of Devils fans. However, seats remain on the secondary market for purchase and to ensure the we “Protect Home Ice” below are some ways in which you as Devils fans can ensure the Rock is PACKED in RED.
Here — once again, straight from the Devils website — are the “3 WAYS TO PROTECT HOME ICE”:
1) If you own seats and have to sell for any of the home games because of conflicts, do NOT list your seats on the secondary market. Blogs such as Fire and Ice, In Lou We Trust, and HFBoards provide you with outlets to speak directly with other Devils fans who are looking for seats. This will ensure you are selling ONLY to other Devils fans. You can ask for pictures or meet them to deliver tickets, to ensure where their loyalty lies.
2) If you are unsure about conversing on Devils blogs to sell your tickets, you can call the Devils Fan Experience Team line at 855-DEV-ARMY, and as a service they will help you sell your seats you can’t use, to other Devils fans.
3) If you do not own seats already, visit secondary market ticket sales websites including Ticket Exchange to purchase your tickets immediately. Thousands of seats still remain for both Rangers home games at The Garden. Therefore, there is a window right NOW, for Devils fans to swallow up all the remaining tickets for the upcoming Devils home games at the Rock. Seize that opportunity now while it is still available.
I imagine plenty of Rangers fans will be upset with this latest development.
Also upset? Tobias Funke.
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 6
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 33
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 12
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 116
- Oilers get Sekera for six years, closing in on Letestu 7
- Avalanche sign veteran d-man Beauchemin for three years 6
- Neely was ‘surprised’ that Hamilton didn’t want to sign with Bruins 14
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 32
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 63
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 25
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (115)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)