May 15, 2012, 8:40 PM EST
Aside from a few rare hiccups by their star goalie Jonathan Quick, the Los Angeles Kings probably didn’t want to change much from their Game 1 win against the Phoenix Coyotes. They’ll need to make a tiny lineup tweak, however, as Colin Fraser must miss the game for “family matters” according to Helene Elliott.
Rugged winger Kyle Clifford looks to take his place in the lineup, although he’s likely to slide into the fourth line left wing spot rather than Fraser’s center position.
Missing Fraser shouldn’t be a back-breaker for the Kings, as the center hasn’t registered a point in 10 playoff games and has clocked about seven minutes per contest in the last three games. Clifford last played on April 11, when a Byron Bitz hit caused a concussion. Clifford is probably a bigger impact player than Fraser, but with the Kings’ on a torrid streak, Darryl Sutter was justified in keeping the lineup intact.
- In praise of the Hamburglar 9
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 5
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 12
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 52
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (173)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)