May 15, 2012, 8:59 AM EDT
When you look at what the Los Angeles Kings can throw out on the ice as their top line, it looks like a fun unit to use in a video game. Anze Kopitar, Dustin Brown, and Justin Williams gave the Coyotes fits in Game 1 causing match up problems for their defensemen. They’re having a lot of attention paid to them and it’s all earned.
As Williams tells Lisa Dillman of the Los Angeles Times, he likes how they all provide a little something different to the game.
“It’s pretty good recipe. I think it’s a little bit of everything,” Williams said. “The power forward, Brownie; there’s Kopi, big dominant centerman; and I guess I fit the mold of the playmaker, puck-handler. It’s only a good blend when we’re all working together. The last month or two we’ve really been moving our feet and creating a lot of havoc in the offensive zone.”
Just ask the Canucks and Blues about how well they work together and you’ll get a lot of frustrated looks. Former Kings goalie and current Coyotes backup Jason LaBarbera says they’re also great down low by the net. One thing is for sure, unless the Coyotes get back to the full team defense concept, this trio is going to continue to give them headaches and potentially turn this series into a short one.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 38
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 34
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 30
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (39)