May 15, 2012, 8:59 AM EDT
When you look at what the Los Angeles Kings can throw out on the ice as their top line, it looks like a fun unit to use in a video game. Anze Kopitar, Dustin Brown, and Justin Williams gave the Coyotes fits in Game 1 causing match up problems for their defensemen. They’re having a lot of attention paid to them and it’s all earned.
As Williams tells Lisa Dillman of the Los Angeles Times, he likes how they all provide a little something different to the game.
“It’s pretty good recipe. I think it’s a little bit of everything,” Williams said. “The power forward, Brownie; there’s Kopi, big dominant centerman; and I guess I fit the mold of the playmaker, puck-handler. It’s only a good blend when we’re all working together. The last month or two we’ve really been moving our feet and creating a lot of havoc in the offensive zone.”
Just ask the Canucks and Blues about how well they work together and you’ll get a lot of frustrated looks. Former Kings goalie and current Coyotes backup Jason LaBarbera says they’re also great down low by the net. One thing is for sure, unless the Coyotes get back to the full team defense concept, this trio is going to continue to give them headaches and potentially turn this series into a short one.
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 1
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 7
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 19
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 27
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 9
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 32
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)