May 15, 2012, 8:59 AM EDT
When you look at what the Los Angeles Kings can throw out on the ice as their top line, it looks like a fun unit to use in a video game. Anze Kopitar, Dustin Brown, and Justin Williams gave the Coyotes fits in Game 1 causing match up problems for their defensemen. They’re having a lot of attention paid to them and it’s all earned.
As Williams tells Lisa Dillman of the Los Angeles Times, he likes how they all provide a little something different to the game.
“It’s pretty good recipe. I think it’s a little bit of everything,” Williams said. “The power forward, Brownie; there’s Kopi, big dominant centerman; and I guess I fit the mold of the playmaker, puck-handler. It’s only a good blend when we’re all working together. The last month or two we’ve really been moving our feet and creating a lot of havoc in the offensive zone.”
Just ask the Canucks and Blues about how well they work together and you’ll get a lot of frustrated looks. Former Kings goalie and current Coyotes backup Jason LaBarbera says they’re also great down low by the net. One thing is for sure, unless the Coyotes get back to the full team defense concept, this trio is going to continue to give them headaches and potentially turn this series into a short one.
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 0
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 17
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 25
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 19
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 19
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 9
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 31
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 3
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)