May 15, 2012, 8:59 AM EDT
When you look at what the Los Angeles Kings can throw out on the ice as their top line, it looks like a fun unit to use in a video game. Anze Kopitar, Dustin Brown, and Justin Williams gave the Coyotes fits in Game 1 causing match up problems for their defensemen. They’re having a lot of attention paid to them and it’s all earned.
As Williams tells Lisa Dillman of the Los Angeles Times, he likes how they all provide a little something different to the game.
“It’s pretty good recipe. I think it’s a little bit of everything,” Williams said. “The power forward, Brownie; there’s Kopi, big dominant centerman; and I guess I fit the mold of the playmaker, puck-handler. It’s only a good blend when we’re all working together. The last month or two we’ve really been moving our feet and creating a lot of havoc in the offensive zone.”
Just ask the Canucks and Blues about how well they work together and you’ll get a lot of frustrated looks. Former Kings goalie and current Coyotes backup Jason LaBarbera says they’re also great down low by the net. One thing is for sure, unless the Coyotes get back to the full team defense concept, this trio is going to continue to give them headaches and potentially turn this series into a short one.
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 11
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 7
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 0
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 43
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 26
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 48
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)