May 15, 2012, 8:59 AM EDT
When you look at what the Los Angeles Kings can throw out on the ice as their top line, it looks like a fun unit to use in a video game. Anze Kopitar, Dustin Brown, and Justin Williams gave the Coyotes fits in Game 1 causing match up problems for their defensemen. They’re having a lot of attention paid to them and it’s all earned.
As Williams tells Lisa Dillman of the Los Angeles Times, he likes how they all provide a little something different to the game.
“It’s pretty good recipe. I think it’s a little bit of everything,” Williams said. “The power forward, Brownie; there’s Kopi, big dominant centerman; and I guess I fit the mold of the playmaker, puck-handler. It’s only a good blend when we’re all working together. The last month or two we’ve really been moving our feet and creating a lot of havoc in the offensive zone.”
Just ask the Canucks and Blues about how well they work together and you’ll get a lot of frustrated looks. Former Kings goalie and current Coyotes backup Jason LaBarbera says they’re also great down low by the net. One thing is for sure, unless the Coyotes get back to the full team defense concept, this trio is going to continue to give them headaches and potentially turn this series into a short one.
- Video: Flyers trounce slumping Penguins on Rivalry Night 29
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 5
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 15
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 36
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)