May 15, 2012, 11:51 PM EDT
There were times when Game 2 was closer than Game 1 for the Phoenix Coyotes, yet the Los Angeles Kings’ 4-0 Game 2 victory probably captures how ugly things became at times tonight. The Kings have now won nine straight road playoff games including 2011 and are 7-0 away from home during the 2012 postseason, opening up a 2-0 series lead.
Let’s get discussing.
- Shane Doan and Martin Hanzal delivered debatable boarding hits that got them tossed from Game 2. Should they sit for Game 3 or more too?
- Does Dave Tippett deserve some scorn for allowing the Coyotes to lose control during the game, with a parade of penalties that allowed the Kings to turn a less one-sided game into a laugher?
- Jeff Carter was a little lucky to get it, but regardless, he scored his first career hat trick tonight. Can any remaining team beat the Kings if he heats up as well?
- The Coyotes have been grossly out-classed so far in the Western Conference finals. What adjustments do they need to make to get back in this series as it shifts to Los Angeles?
- Is it already time to call the Kings the “best eighth seed ever”? If not, who would you place ahead of them?
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 4
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 18
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 44
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 46
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38