May 15, 2012, 11:51 PM EST
There were times when Game 2 was closer than Game 1 for the Phoenix Coyotes, yet the Los Angeles Kings’ 4-0 Game 2 victory probably captures how ugly things became at times tonight. The Kings have now won nine straight road playoff games including 2011 and are 7-0 away from home during the 2012 postseason, opening up a 2-0 series lead.
Let’s get discussing.
- Shane Doan and Martin Hanzal delivered debatable boarding hits that got them tossed from Game 2. Should they sit for Game 3 or more too?
- Does Dave Tippett deserve some scorn for allowing the Coyotes to lose control during the game, with a parade of penalties that allowed the Kings to turn a less one-sided game into a laugher?
- Jeff Carter was a little lucky to get it, but regardless, he scored his first career hat trick tonight. Can any remaining team beat the Kings if he heats up as well?
- The Coyotes have been grossly out-classed so far in the Western Conference finals. What adjustments do they need to make to get back in this series as it shifts to Los Angeles?
- Is it already time to call the Kings the “best eighth seed ever”? If not, who would you place ahead of them?
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 1
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 11
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11
- Russia’s economic crisis causing big trouble for KHL 56