May 15, 2012, 11:51 PM EDT
There were times when Game 2 was closer than Game 1 for the Phoenix Coyotes, yet the Los Angeles Kings’ 4-0 Game 2 victory probably captures how ugly things became at times tonight. The Kings have now won nine straight road playoff games including 2011 and are 7-0 away from home during the 2012 postseason, opening up a 2-0 series lead.
Let’s get discussing.
- Shane Doan and Martin Hanzal delivered debatable boarding hits that got them tossed from Game 2. Should they sit for Game 3 or more too?
- Does Dave Tippett deserve some scorn for allowing the Coyotes to lose control during the game, with a parade of penalties that allowed the Kings to turn a less one-sided game into a laugher?
- Jeff Carter was a little lucky to get it, but regardless, he scored his first career hat trick tonight. Can any remaining team beat the Kings if he heats up as well?
- The Coyotes have been grossly out-classed so far in the Western Conference finals. What adjustments do they need to make to get back in this series as it shifts to Los Angeles?
- Is it already time to call the Kings the “best eighth seed ever”? If not, who would you place ahead of them?
- Brassard says Marchand ‘doesn’t show any respect for his opponents’ 65
- Playoffs tonight: Bruins and Red Wings look to finish things in Game 5 5
- Video: Senators’ captain Alfredsson discusses his future 11
- Penguins put on a ‘clinic’ in semifinal series win over Senators 30
- Report: NHL to present Glendale with Coyotes ownership plan next week 15
- Discuss: Penguins knock off the Senators in Game 5, headed to conference final 73
- Video: Morrow’s goal off the foot stands after review 6
- Maloney signs long-term contract as Coyotes GM 7
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 20
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 8
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (114)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (87)
- Follow LIVE: Champions League final
- Live box score: UEFA Champions League final
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona
- Play Video: Highlights: Penguins crush Senators to move on
- Play Video: Neil hits Murray below the belt
- Play Video: Morrow's goal up for review in Game 5
- Play Video: Phantom penalty called on Crosby
- Play Video: I was there: Bruins stun Maple Leafs in Game 7
- Play Video: Top-seeded Blackhawks on brink of elimination