May 15, 2012, 11:51 PM EDT
There were times when Game 2 was closer than Game 1 for the Phoenix Coyotes, yet the Los Angeles Kings’ 4-0 Game 2 victory probably captures how ugly things became at times tonight. The Kings have now won nine straight road playoff games including 2011 and are 7-0 away from home during the 2012 postseason, opening up a 2-0 series lead.
Let’s get discussing.
- Shane Doan and Martin Hanzal delivered debatable boarding hits that got them tossed from Game 2. Should they sit for Game 3 or more too?
- Does Dave Tippett deserve some scorn for allowing the Coyotes to lose control during the game, with a parade of penalties that allowed the Kings to turn a less one-sided game into a laugher?
- Jeff Carter was a little lucky to get it, but regardless, he scored his first career hat trick tonight. Can any remaining team beat the Kings if he heats up as well?
- The Coyotes have been grossly out-classed so far in the Western Conference finals. What adjustments do they need to make to get back in this series as it shifts to Los Angeles?
- Is it already time to call the Kings the “best eighth seed ever”? If not, who would you place ahead of them?
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 13
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 40
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6