May 15, 2012, 12:01 PM EDT
We’ve gotten more than used to seeing Daniel Alfredsson sporting the captain’s “C” on the ice for the Ottawa Senators over the years. Might we have to start adjusting to seeing him in a suit behind the bench though? If Alfredsson gets his way, it’ll happen someday.
Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun hears from Alfredsson who says being a head coach in the future is something he’s hoping to do, just not any time soon.
“I don’t see myself coaching too soon,” said Alfredsson. “I think it takes even more time at the rink than it does as a player to prepare! (He chuckles) Right now, I don’t think I’m ready for that.”
Alfredsson says he’s always picking coaches brains about what they’re doing and why they made the adjustments they did and he says he also likes the thought of being able to challenge and motivate guys. Considering the respect Alfredsson commands in the room as it is, a move to coaching is a natural fit. As for that whole retirement thing he’s mulling over, he’s still yet to make a decision there.
- Report: Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 4
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 9
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 2
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 23
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 4
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 39
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 104
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 88
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (104)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (88)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)