May 15, 2012, 12:01 PM EDT
We’ve gotten more than used to seeing Daniel Alfredsson sporting the captain’s “C” on the ice for the Ottawa Senators over the years. Might we have to start adjusting to seeing him in a suit behind the bench though? If Alfredsson gets his way, it’ll happen someday.
Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun hears from Alfredsson who says being a head coach in the future is something he’s hoping to do, just not any time soon.
“I don’t see myself coaching too soon,” said Alfredsson. “I think it takes even more time at the rink than it does as a player to prepare! (He chuckles) Right now, I don’t think I’m ready for that.”
Alfredsson says he’s always picking coaches brains about what they’re doing and why they made the adjustments they did and he says he also likes the thought of being able to challenge and motivate guys. Considering the respect Alfredsson commands in the room as it is, a move to coaching is a natural fit. As for that whole retirement thing he’s mulling over, he’s still yet to make a decision there.
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 4
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 2
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 14
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 33
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 32
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 5
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (57)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)