May 14, 2012, 9:49 PM EST
File this was in the warehouse of clips known as “hockey players are tough.” New Jersey Devils lifer Patrik Elias wears a face shield but a deflected puck caught him underneath it, right in the nose. Elias was clearly bloodied yet he might not have even missed a shift. Check out video of that painful moment below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
You know, we might want to bump up Elias on the list of players who don’t get enough credit.
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 4
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 29
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7