May 14, 2012, 11:58 PM EDT
New York Rangers goalie Henrik Lundqvist got the last laugh with a 3-0 Game 1 win tonight, but Martin Brodeur wasn’t half-bad for the New Jersey Devils, either. While this save failed to turn the tide on Monday, it’ll probably make more than a few highlight reels, along with inevitable commentary about Brodeur looking awfully spry for a 40-year-old.
Nice try by Anton Volchenkov, too.
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 3
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 4
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 22
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 28
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 3
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 45