May 14, 2012, 11:58 PM EDT
New York Rangers goalie Henrik Lundqvist got the last laugh with a 3-0 Game 1 win tonight, but Martin Brodeur wasn’t half-bad for the New Jersey Devils, either. While this save failed to turn the tide on Monday, it’ll probably make more than a few highlight reels, along with inevitable commentary about Brodeur looking awfully spry for a 40-year-old.
Nice try by Anton Volchenkov, too.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 0
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 4
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 17
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53