May 14, 2012, 11:58 PM EDT
New York Rangers goalie Henrik Lundqvist got the last laugh with a 3-0 Game 1 win tonight, but Martin Brodeur wasn’t half-bad for the New Jersey Devils, either. While this save failed to turn the tide on Monday, it’ll probably make more than a few highlight reels, along with inevitable commentary about Brodeur looking awfully spry for a 40-year-old.
Nice try by Anton Volchenkov, too.
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 19
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 10
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 35
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 111
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 9
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 12
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 63
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 37