May 14, 2012, 2:24 PM EST
Chris Christie is about as New Jersey as it gets. Born in Newark. Law school at Seton Hall. And since 2010, he’s been the governor.
He’s also, as you can see here, a passionate New York Rangers fan.
In February, he spoke to WFAN and had the following to say: “I love the Rangers. The Rangers are killing it. I can smell the Cup.”
But what’s he supposed to do now that the Devils are playing the team he loves in the Eastern Conference final?
On the one hand, it’s not his fault he’s a Rangers fan. Christie was born in 1962, long before 1982 when the Devils came to New Jersey via Colorado. Isn’t there something to be said for team loyalty?
On the other hand, he’s the freaking governor of New Jersey.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 1
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 6
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 9
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 25
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)