May 14, 2012, 2:24 PM EDT
Chris Christie is about as New Jersey as it gets. Born in Newark. Law school at Seton Hall. And since 2010, he’s been the governor.
He’s also, as you can see here, a passionate New York Rangers fan.
In February, he spoke to WFAN and had the following to say: “I love the Rangers. The Rangers are killing it. I can smell the Cup.”
But what’s he supposed to do now that the Devils are playing the team he loves in the Eastern Conference final?
On the one hand, it’s not his fault he’s a Rangers fan. Christie was born in 1962, long before 1982 when the Devils came to New Jersey via Colorado. Isn’t there something to be said for team loyalty?
On the other hand, he’s the freaking governor of New Jersey.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 16
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39