May 14, 2012, 2:24 PM EDT
Chris Christie is about as New Jersey as it gets. Born in Newark. Law school at Seton Hall. And since 2010, he’s been the governor.
He’s also, as you can see here, a passionate New York Rangers fan.
In February, he spoke to WFAN and had the following to say: “I love the Rangers. The Rangers are killing it. I can smell the Cup.”
But what’s he supposed to do now that the Devils are playing the team he loves in the Eastern Conference final?
On the one hand, it’s not his fault he’s a Rangers fan. Christie was born in 1962, long before 1982 when the Devils came to New Jersey via Colorado. Isn’t there something to be said for team loyalty?
On the other hand, he’s the freaking governor of New Jersey.
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 0
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 0
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 13
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 56
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 32
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22