May 14, 2012, 2:24 PM EDT
Chris Christie is about as New Jersey as it gets. Born in Newark. Law school at Seton Hall. And since 2010, he’s been the governor.
He’s also, as you can see here, a passionate New York Rangers fan.
In February, he spoke to WFAN and had the following to say: “I love the Rangers. The Rangers are killing it. I can smell the Cup.”
But what’s he supposed to do now that the Devils are playing the team he loves in the Eastern Conference final?
On the one hand, it’s not his fault he’s a Rangers fan. Christie was born in 1962, long before 1982 when the Devils came to New Jersey via Colorado. Isn’t there something to be said for team loyalty?
On the other hand, he’s the freaking governor of New Jersey.
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 5
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 5
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 12
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 13
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)