May 14, 2012, 3:39 PM EST
The Pittsburgh Penguins went into the playoffs as the odds makers’ favorites to win the Stanley Cup…and were promptly eliminated by the Flyers.
Then the favorites became the St. Louis Blues…who were subsequently swept by Los Angeles.
Our condolences to the Kings.
The latest Cup odds, as per Bovada:
Los Angeles Kings 7/5
New York Rangers 11/5
New Jersey Devils 10/3
Phoenix Coyotes 6/1
We should note those are today’s odds, so last night’s result has been taken into consideration. However, the Kings were 2/1 favorites in Vegas before they beat Phoenix in Game 1, so they’re still totally screwed.
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 1
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 3
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 4
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 55
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 2
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (56)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)