May 14, 2012, 3:39 PM EST
The Pittsburgh Penguins went into the playoffs as the odds makers’ favorites to win the Stanley Cup…and were promptly eliminated by the Flyers.
Then the favorites became the St. Louis Blues…who were subsequently swept by Los Angeles.
Our condolences to the Kings.
The latest Cup odds, as per Bovada:
Los Angeles Kings 7/5
New York Rangers 11/5
New Jersey Devils 10/3
Phoenix Coyotes 6/1
We should note those are today’s odds, so last night’s result has been taken into consideration. However, the Kings were 2/1 favorites in Vegas before they beat Phoenix in Game 1, so they’re still totally screwed.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 5
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 7
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 10
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 27
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)