May 14, 2012, 3:39 PM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins went into the playoffs as the odds makers’ favorites to win the Stanley Cup…and were promptly eliminated by the Flyers.
Then the favorites became the St. Louis Blues…who were subsequently swept by Los Angeles.
Our condolences to the Kings.
The latest Cup odds, as per Bovada:
Los Angeles Kings 7/5
New York Rangers 11/5
New Jersey Devils 10/3
Phoenix Coyotes 6/1
We should note those are today’s odds, so last night’s result has been taken into consideration. However, the Kings were 2/1 favorites in Vegas before they beat Phoenix in Game 1, so they’re still totally screwed.
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 0
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 17
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 25
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 19
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 19
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 9
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 31
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 3
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)