May 14, 2012, 3:39 PM EST
The Pittsburgh Penguins went into the playoffs as the odds makers’ favorites to win the Stanley Cup…and were promptly eliminated by the Flyers.
Then the favorites became the St. Louis Blues…who were subsequently swept by Los Angeles.
Our condolences to the Kings.
The latest Cup odds, as per Bovada:
Los Angeles Kings 7/5
New York Rangers 11/5
New Jersey Devils 10/3
Phoenix Coyotes 6/1
We should note those are today’s odds, so last night’s result has been taken into consideration. However, the Kings were 2/1 favorites in Vegas before they beat Phoenix in Game 1, so they’re still totally screwed.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)