May 14, 2012, 3:39 PM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins went into the playoffs as the odds makers’ favorites to win the Stanley Cup…and were promptly eliminated by the Flyers.
Then the favorites became the St. Louis Blues…who were subsequently swept by Los Angeles.
Our condolences to the Kings.
The latest Cup odds, as per Bovada:
Los Angeles Kings 7/5
New York Rangers 11/5
New Jersey Devils 10/3
Phoenix Coyotes 6/1
We should note those are today’s odds, so last night’s result has been taken into consideration. However, the Kings were 2/1 favorites in Vegas before they beat Phoenix in Game 1, so they’re still totally screwed.
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 8
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 51
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 40
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 11
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (67)