May 14, 2012, 1:18 PM EDT
Lombardi confirmed this morning that Gagne, who has been out since he suffered a concussion on Dec. 26, has been cleared for contact, but Lombardi said Gagne will remain in Los Angeles and is a “long way from playing — needs to get hit.”
While Hammond says Gagne’s return “remains a long shot”, it’s still an interesting development.
The 32-year-old LW signed a two-year, $7 million deal with Los Angeles last summer with the expectation of being a top-six forward (he also contributed to the “Flyers West” theme that started with Mike Richards and assistant coach John Stevens, later continued with Lombardi’s trade deadline acquisition of Jeff Carter.)
In 34 games this year, Gagne had 7G-10A-17PTS. He’s currently skating with the Kings’ prospects/Black Aces and does not have a timetable for return to full practice.
- Blackhawks nearly blow it…but don’t 1
- ‘Hawks rattle Rask with ‘way more traffic’ in Game 4 3
- Discuss: More Seabrook OT magic ties series 27
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 65
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 23
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 27
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12