May 14, 2012, 12:39 PM EDT
When Capitals forward Jay Beagle was busying missing skates and practices late in their second round series against the Rangers, the question involved what he injured and how much pain he was playing through. Turns out Beagle wasn’t fine at all.
Capitals GM George McPhee provided that information this afternoon, telling reporters Beagle broke his foot during Game 5 and needed surgery on it. When asked whether he broke the left or right foot McPhee answered, “One of those two.” Who says the guy can’t be funny?
McPhee also says Beagle’s injury was the only major one suffered by the team in the playoffs and they were lucky to be so healthy. For how hard the Caps played, that really is a surprise.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 6
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34