May 14, 2012, 12:39 PM EDT
When Capitals forward Jay Beagle was busying missing skates and practices late in their second round series against the Rangers, the question involved what he injured and how much pain he was playing through. Turns out Beagle wasn’t fine at all.
Capitals GM George McPhee provided that information this afternoon, telling reporters Beagle broke his foot during Game 5 and needed surgery on it. When asked whether he broke the left or right foot McPhee answered, “One of those two.” Who says the guy can’t be funny?
McPhee also says Beagle’s injury was the only major one suffered by the team in the playoffs and they were lucky to be so healthy. For how hard the Caps played, that really is a surprise.
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 21
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day on PHT 11