May 14, 2012, 12:39 PM EDT
When Capitals forward Jay Beagle was busying missing skates and practices late in their second round series against the Rangers, the question involved what he injured and how much pain he was playing through. Turns out Beagle wasn’t fine at all.
Capitals GM George McPhee provided that information this afternoon, telling reporters Beagle broke his foot during Game 5 and needed surgery on it. When asked whether he broke the left or right foot McPhee answered, “One of those two.” Who says the guy can’t be funny?
McPhee also says Beagle’s injury was the only major one suffered by the team in the playoffs and they were lucky to be so healthy. For how hard the Caps played, that really is a surprise.
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 8
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 62
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 7
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 47
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 39
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 98
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 18
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)