May 14, 2012, 12:39 PM EDT
When Capitals forward Jay Beagle was busying missing skates and practices late in their second round series against the Rangers, the question involved what he injured and how much pain he was playing through. Turns out Beagle wasn’t fine at all.
Capitals GM George McPhee provided that information this afternoon, telling reporters Beagle broke his foot during Game 5 and needed surgery on it. When asked whether he broke the left or right foot McPhee answered, “One of those two.” Who says the guy can’t be funny?
McPhee also says Beagle’s injury was the only major one suffered by the team in the playoffs and they were lucky to be so healthy. For how hard the Caps played, that really is a surprise.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5