May 14, 2012, 12:39 PM EDT
When Capitals forward Jay Beagle was busying missing skates and practices late in their second round series against the Rangers, the question involved what he injured and how much pain he was playing through. Turns out Beagle wasn’t fine at all.
Capitals GM George McPhee provided that information this afternoon, telling reporters Beagle broke his foot during Game 5 and needed surgery on it. When asked whether he broke the left or right foot McPhee answered, “One of those two.” Who says the guy can’t be funny?
McPhee also says Beagle’s injury was the only major one suffered by the team in the playoffs and they were lucky to be so healthy. For how hard the Caps played, that really is a surprise.
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 11
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 28
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 17
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 57
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39