May 14, 2012, 5:30 PM EDT
Former NHLer Dave Hunter is surprised his brother, Dale, decided to walk away from coaching the Washington Capitals.
“I actually thought Dale liked coaching in the NHL,” said Dave, as per the Edmonton Journal. “This was a challenge for Dale. I thought he’d stay on. He had a good run there, a helluva run, actually. I mean everybody wants to win (a championship), but it was a close final game with the Rangers. He got the max out of that Washington team. It’s not like they didn’t make the playoffs or lost four straight in the second round.”
Dale said family was the reason he was returning to London, Ontario, where he owns the Knights of the OHL with his other brother, Mark.
“I’m going home,” Dale said. “It’s a good thing going home. I’ve got a good thing with a home there and the family so I’ll stay there.
“My sisters, they go to the [Knights} games, my other son lives two or three doors down, he goes to university there and my daughter lives there, so pretty much everyone is there.”
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 42
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 10
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 25
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 45
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 39
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)