May 13, 2012, 9:04 PM EST
In the grand scheme of things, Los Angles Kings goalie Jonathan Quick is a star and perhaps the future of Team USA goaltending. Even the best netminders look silly sometimes, though, and that was the case when a dominant first period for the Kings was largely washed away when Phoenix Coyotes defenseman Derek Morris beat Quick from center ice:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Ouch. Something tells me that clip won’t be part of Quick’s Vezina Trophy nominee video highlight package.
You might say that Quick joins Chris Osgood, Tommy Salo, Dan Cloutier and other netminders known for allowing goals from far out, but he already did last year. St. Louis Blues defenseman Alex Pietrangelo scored a similar goal against Quick on March 17, 2011.
Hey, at least it humanizes a goalie who can sometimes look superhuman, right?
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 16
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 20
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 53
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 57
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory (53)