May 13, 2012, 9:04 PM EDT
In the grand scheme of things, Los Angles Kings goalie Jonathan Quick is a star and perhaps the future of Team USA goaltending. Even the best netminders look silly sometimes, though, and that was the case when a dominant first period for the Kings was largely washed away when Phoenix Coyotes defenseman Derek Morris beat Quick from center ice:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Ouch. Something tells me that clip won’t be part of Quick’s Vezina Trophy nominee video highlight package.
You might say that Quick joins Chris Osgood, Tommy Salo, Dan Cloutier and other netminders known for allowing goals from far out, but he already did last year. St. Louis Blues defenseman Alex Pietrangelo scored a similar goal against Quick on March 17, 2011.
Hey, at least it humanizes a goalie who can sometimes look superhuman, right?
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 16
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 4
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 23
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42
- It’s Florida Panthers day on PHT 8