May 13, 2012, 10:27 PM EDT
Not sure you noticed (probably not), but the Los Angeles Clippers beat the Grizzlies today in Memphis to advance to the second round of the NBA playoffs.
The Clips will now take on the Spurs in the second round, with Games 1 and 2 in San Antonio and Games 3 and 4 in L.A.
We only mention this because Game 4 is scheduled for Sunday at the Staples Center (7:30 pm PT), only a few hours after the Kings host the Coyotes (noon PT) at the same arena.
In the regular season, this wouldn’t be a problem. But Sunday it might be.
“Let me tell you: All bets are off if the Kings go into overtime on Sunday,” Staples Center general manager Lee Zeidman said, as per CBSSports.com. “What people don’t really understand is there are 168 suites, 53 concession stands. Not only do you have to convert it and get [the floor] ready for warm-ups and other stuff, but you have to clean the building. That’s just as big a challenge as converting it. It can be completed in 2 1/2 hours.”
Chances are it won’t be an issue (but we sneaky hope it will be.)
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18