May 13, 2012, 10:27 PM EST
Not sure you noticed (probably not), but the Los Angeles Clippers beat the Grizzlies today in Memphis to advance to the second round of the NBA playoffs.
The Clips will now take on the Spurs in the second round, with Games 1 and 2 in San Antonio and Games 3 and 4 in L.A.
We only mention this because Game 4 is scheduled for Sunday at the Staples Center (7:30 pm PT), only a few hours after the Kings host the Coyotes (noon PT) at the same arena.
In the regular season, this wouldn’t be a problem. But Sunday it might be.
“Let me tell you: All bets are off if the Kings go into overtime on Sunday,” Staples Center general manager Lee Zeidman said, as per CBSSports.com. “What people don’t really understand is there are 168 suites, 53 concession stands. Not only do you have to convert it and get [the floor] ready for warm-ups and other stuff, but you have to clean the building. That’s just as big a challenge as converting it. It can be completed in 2 1/2 hours.”
Chances are it won’t be an issue (but we sneaky hope it will be.)
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 3
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 0
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 16
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 17
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10