May 13, 2012, 10:27 PM EDT
Not sure you noticed (probably not), but the Los Angeles Clippers beat the Grizzlies today in Memphis to advance to the second round of the NBA playoffs.
The Clips will now take on the Spurs in the second round, with Games 1 and 2 in San Antonio and Games 3 and 4 in L.A.
We only mention this because Game 4 is scheduled for Sunday at the Staples Center (7:30 pm PT), only a few hours after the Kings host the Coyotes (noon PT) at the same arena.
In the regular season, this wouldn’t be a problem. But Sunday it might be.
“Let me tell you: All bets are off if the Kings go into overtime on Sunday,” Staples Center general manager Lee Zeidman said, as per CBSSports.com. “What people don’t really understand is there are 168 suites, 53 concession stands. Not only do you have to convert it and get [the floor] ready for warm-ups and other stuff, but you have to clean the building. That’s just as big a challenge as converting it. It can be completed in 2 1/2 hours.”
Chances are it won’t be an issue (but we sneaky hope it will be.)
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 15
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 37
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)