May 13, 2012, 10:27 PM EDT
Not sure you noticed (probably not), but the Los Angeles Clippers beat the Grizzlies today in Memphis to advance to the second round of the NBA playoffs.
The Clips will now take on the Spurs in the second round, with Games 1 and 2 in San Antonio and Games 3 and 4 in L.A.
We only mention this because Game 4 is scheduled for Sunday at the Staples Center (7:30 pm PT), only a few hours after the Kings host the Coyotes (noon PT) at the same arena.
In the regular season, this wouldn’t be a problem. But Sunday it might be.
“Let me tell you: All bets are off if the Kings go into overtime on Sunday,” Staples Center general manager Lee Zeidman said, as per CBSSports.com. “What people don’t really understand is there are 168 suites, 53 concession stands. Not only do you have to convert it and get [the floor] ready for warm-ups and other stuff, but you have to clean the building. That’s just as big a challenge as converting it. It can be completed in 2 1/2 hours.”
Chances are it won’t be an issue (but we sneaky hope it will be.)
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 22
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17