May 13, 2012, 10:27 PM EST
Not sure you noticed (probably not), but the Los Angeles Clippers beat the Grizzlies today in Memphis to advance to the second round of the NBA playoffs.
The Clips will now take on the Spurs in the second round, with Games 1 and 2 in San Antonio and Games 3 and 4 in L.A.
We only mention this because Game 4 is scheduled for Sunday at the Staples Center (7:30 pm PT), only a few hours after the Kings host the Coyotes (noon PT) at the same arena.
In the regular season, this wouldn’t be a problem. But Sunday it might be.
“Let me tell you: All bets are off if the Kings go into overtime on Sunday,” Staples Center general manager Lee Zeidman said, as per CBSSports.com. “What people don’t really understand is there are 168 suites, 53 concession stands. Not only do you have to convert it and get [the floor] ready for warm-ups and other stuff, but you have to clean the building. That’s just as big a challenge as converting it. It can be completed in 2 1/2 hours.”
Chances are it won’t be an issue (but we sneaky hope it will be.)
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54