May 13, 2012, 8:03 PM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings and Phoenix Coyotes aren’t likely to light up the lamp on the power play all that often in the Western Conference finals – perhaps on each others’ power plays – but officiating can still make a big impact. With that in mind, here are the officials for Game 1 of the 2012 Western Conference finals, via Rich Hammond.
Referees: Kevin Pollock (not to be confused with Kevin Pollak) and Brad Watson (who must deal with a lot of Sherlock Holmes jokes and is featured in this post’s main image).
Linesmen: Shane Heyer and Jay Sharrers
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession 0
- Video: Controversial Kane goal has Laviolette fuming 2
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 2
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 2
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 36
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 45
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38