May 13, 2012, 8:03 PM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings and Phoenix Coyotes aren’t likely to light up the lamp on the power play all that often in the Western Conference finals – perhaps on each others’ power plays – but officiating can still make a big impact. With that in mind, here are the officials for Game 1 of the 2012 Western Conference finals, via Rich Hammond.
Referees: Kevin Pollock (not to be confused with Kevin Pollak) and Brad Watson (who must deal with a lot of Sherlock Holmes jokes and is featured in this post’s main image).
Linesmen: Shane Heyer and Jay Sharrers
- Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 10
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 5
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29