May 13, 2012, 8:03 PM EST
The Los Angeles Kings and Phoenix Coyotes aren’t likely to light up the lamp on the power play all that often in the Western Conference finals – perhaps on each others’ power plays – but officiating can still make a big impact. With that in mind, here are the officials for Game 1 of the 2012 Western Conference finals, via Rich Hammond.
Referees: Kevin Pollock (not to be confused with Kevin Pollak) and Brad Watson (who must deal with a lot of Sherlock Holmes jokes and is featured in this post’s main image).
Linesmen: Shane Heyer and Jay Sharrers
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 0
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 1
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 9
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 6
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 26
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 32
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1