May 13, 2012, 8:03 PM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings and Phoenix Coyotes aren’t likely to light up the lamp on the power play all that often in the Western Conference finals – perhaps on each others’ power plays – but officiating can still make a big impact. With that in mind, here are the officials for Game 1 of the 2012 Western Conference finals, via Rich Hammond.
Referees: Kevin Pollock (not to be confused with Kevin Pollak) and Brad Watson (who must deal with a lot of Sherlock Holmes jokes and is featured in this post’s main image).
Linesmen: Shane Heyer and Jay Sharrers
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 14
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 23
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15