May 13, 2012, 11:11 PM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings are now 6-0 on the road in the playoffs, and 9-1 overall. Their 4-2 victory over the Coyotes Sunday evening at Jobing.com Arena was well earned, with the visitors out-shooting the home team by a massive margin, 48-27.
A few things to discuss:
—- Dustin Brown scored his seventh goal of the playoffs, a goal that also happened to be the game winner. Only Claude Giroux and Danny Briere have scored more (eight each) in the playoffs, and they aren’t playing anymore. If not for all the great goaltending we’ve seen, Brown would be the Conn Smythe favorite right now.
—- The Coyotes were outshot 17-4 in the first period. At home.
—- Neither team managed to score on the power play. Phoenix (0-for-5) was particularly bad and will need to do a lot more with the man advantage, especially considering scoring chances will be minimal against the Kings.
—- It was around 100 degrees outside the arena. That has to be a record for an NHL game.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 7
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 12
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 22
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 3
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 82
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)