May 13, 2012, 11:11 PM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings are now 6-0 on the road in the playoffs, and 9-1 overall. Their 4-2 victory over the Coyotes Sunday evening at Jobing.com Arena was well earned, with the visitors out-shooting the home team by a massive margin, 48-27.
A few things to discuss:
—- Dustin Brown scored his seventh goal of the playoffs, a goal that also happened to be the game winner. Only Claude Giroux and Danny Briere have scored more (eight each) in the playoffs, and they aren’t playing anymore. If not for all the great goaltending we’ve seen, Brown would be the Conn Smythe favorite right now.
—- The Coyotes were outshot 17-4 in the first period. At home.
—- Neither team managed to score on the power play. Phoenix (0-for-5) was particularly bad and will need to do a lot more with the man advantage, especially considering scoring chances will be minimal against the Kings.
—- It was around 100 degrees outside the arena. That has to be a record for an NHL game.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)