May 13, 2012, 11:11 PM EST
The Los Angeles Kings are now 6-0 on the road in the playoffs, and 9-1 overall. Their 4-2 victory over the Coyotes Sunday evening at Jobing.com Arena was well earned, with the visitors out-shooting the home team by a massive margin, 48-27.
A few things to discuss:
—- Dustin Brown scored his seventh goal of the playoffs, a goal that also happened to be the game winner. Only Claude Giroux and Danny Briere have scored more (eight each) in the playoffs, and they aren’t playing anymore. If not for all the great goaltending we’ve seen, Brown would be the Conn Smythe favorite right now.
—- The Coyotes were outshot 17-4 in the first period. At home.
—- Neither team managed to score on the power play. Phoenix (0-for-5) was particularly bad and will need to do a lot more with the man advantage, especially considering scoring chances will be minimal against the Kings.
—- It was around 100 degrees outside the arena. That has to be a record for an NHL game.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Mike Richards clears waivers 6
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 5
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 53
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)