May 13, 2012, 11:11 PM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings are now 6-0 on the road in the playoffs, and 9-1 overall. Their 4-2 victory over the Coyotes Sunday evening at Jobing.com Arena was well earned, with the visitors out-shooting the home team by a massive margin, 48-27.
A few things to discuss:
—- Dustin Brown scored his seventh goal of the playoffs, a goal that also happened to be the game winner. Only Claude Giroux and Danny Briere have scored more (eight each) in the playoffs, and they aren’t playing anymore. If not for all the great goaltending we’ve seen, Brown would be the Conn Smythe favorite right now.
—- The Coyotes were outshot 17-4 in the first period. At home.
—- Neither team managed to score on the power play. Phoenix (0-for-5) was particularly bad and will need to do a lot more with the man advantage, especially considering scoring chances will be minimal against the Kings.
—- It was around 100 degrees outside the arena. That has to be a record for an NHL game.
- Discuss: Sharks take Game 4, even semifinal series 2-2 against Kings 0
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead 48
- Video: Callahan gets away with high-sticking Chara 21
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 10
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 21
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 56
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 88
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 2
- Brown, Toews, Alfredsson up for Messier Leadership Award 9
- Playoffs Tonight: Blackhawks look to ‘ramp up our intensity’ vs Red Wings 13
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (88)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call (64)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- Live Extra: Watch NHL Live postgame show
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- GTC: Garcia offers Tiger 'fried chicken' for dinner