May 13, 2012, 11:11 PM EST
The Los Angeles Kings are now 6-0 on the road in the playoffs, and 9-1 overall. Their 4-2 victory over the Coyotes Sunday evening at Jobing.com Arena was well earned, with the visitors out-shooting the home team by a massive margin, 48-27.
A few things to discuss:
—- Dustin Brown scored his seventh goal of the playoffs, a goal that also happened to be the game winner. Only Claude Giroux and Danny Briere have scored more (eight each) in the playoffs, and they aren’t playing anymore. If not for all the great goaltending we’ve seen, Brown would be the Conn Smythe favorite right now.
—- The Coyotes were outshot 17-4 in the first period. At home.
—- Neither team managed to score on the power play. Phoenix (0-for-5) was particularly bad and will need to do a lot more with the man advantage, especially considering scoring chances will be minimal against the Kings.
—- It was around 100 degrees outside the arena. That has to be a record for an NHL game.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 7
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Report: Alfredsson retirement to be announced Dec. 4 8
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 7
- Why are the Oilers still bad? Look at their drafting 21
- The Leafs are worth almost seven times the Panthers, says Forbes 20
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? 43
- Crosby, Malkin power Penguins, help Fleury grab 300th win 7
- Sooner than later? Bruins GM hopes Chara can return in 10-14 days 1
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 22
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)