May 13, 2012, 3:00 PM EDT
The “five words” gimmick didn’t fare any better in Round 2 — O’Brien was the only guy to get more than one pick right — but we here at PHT are nothing if not ridiculously stubborn.
With that in mind, here are our staff picks for the Eastern and Western Conference finals…using only five words.
No. 3 Phoenix vs. No. 8 Los Angeles
Ryan Dadoun (Kings in 7): Kings have clicked in playoffs.
James O’Brien (Kings in 6): Kings are rich man’s Coyotes.
Joe Yerdon (Kings in 6): The ‘Yotes aren’t Quick enough.
Jason Brough (Coyotes in 7): Unbelievable if this actually happens.
Mike Halford (Kings in 6): Phoenix won’t solve Jonathan Quick.
No. 1 New York vs. No. 6 New Jersey
Dadoun (Rangers in 6): King Henrik trumps aging Brodeur.
O’Brien (Rangers in 6): Rangers barely best hot Devils.
Yerdon (Rangers in 7): The King shall reign all.
Brough (Devils in 6): Rangers must be absolutely exhausted.
Halford (Rangers in 7): Just like first two rounds.
Round 1 results:
Round 2 results
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 19
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 61
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 27
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (61)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)