May 13, 2012, 3:00 PM EDT
The “five words” gimmick didn’t fare any better in Round 2 — O’Brien was the only guy to get more than one pick right — but we here at PHT are nothing if not ridiculously stubborn.
With that in mind, here are our staff picks for the Eastern and Western Conference finals…using only five words.
No. 3 Phoenix vs. No. 8 Los Angeles
Ryan Dadoun (Kings in 7): Kings have clicked in playoffs.
James O’Brien (Kings in 6): Kings are rich man’s Coyotes.
Joe Yerdon (Kings in 6): The ‘Yotes aren’t Quick enough.
Jason Brough (Coyotes in 7): Unbelievable if this actually happens.
Mike Halford (Kings in 6): Phoenix won’t solve Jonathan Quick.
No. 1 New York vs. No. 6 New Jersey
Dadoun (Rangers in 6): King Henrik trumps aging Brodeur.
O’Brien (Rangers in 6): Rangers barely best hot Devils.
Yerdon (Rangers in 7): The King shall reign all.
Brough (Devils in 6): Rangers must be absolutely exhausted.
Halford (Rangers in 7): Just like first two rounds.
Round 1 results:
Round 2 results
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 18
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 11
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 41
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 7
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 1
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)