May 13, 2012, 3:00 PM EDT
The “five words” gimmick didn’t fare any better in Round 2 — O’Brien was the only guy to get more than one pick right — but we here at PHT are nothing if not ridiculously stubborn.
With that in mind, here are our staff picks for the Eastern and Western Conference finals…using only five words.
No. 3 Phoenix vs. No. 8 Los Angeles
Ryan Dadoun (Kings in 7): Kings have clicked in playoffs.
James O’Brien (Kings in 6): Kings are rich man’s Coyotes.
Joe Yerdon (Kings in 6): The ‘Yotes aren’t Quick enough.
Jason Brough (Coyotes in 7): Unbelievable if this actually happens.
Mike Halford (Kings in 6): Phoenix won’t solve Jonathan Quick.
No. 1 New York vs. No. 6 New Jersey
Dadoun (Rangers in 6): King Henrik trumps aging Brodeur.
O’Brien (Rangers in 6): Rangers barely best hot Devils.
Yerdon (Rangers in 7): The King shall reign all.
Brough (Devils in 6): Rangers must be absolutely exhausted.
Halford (Rangers in 7): Just like first two rounds.
Round 1 results:
Round 2 results
- Andre’s gigantic game: Caps push Rangers to the brink 33
- Quick strike: Lightning steal Game 3 from Habs with last-second goal 17
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Canada fights back to beat Sweden at worlds 18
- NHL hockey ops explains no-goal call 46
- Jack Adams Award finalists to be announced tonight 4
- Video: Flames stun Ducks in OT to get back in the series 10
- Video: Controversial no-goal call on Flames 15
- Video: Crawford, Kane help Blackhawks push Wild to brink of elimination 53
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 1
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (83)
- New York second: Capitals stun Rangers for 1-0 series lead (76)
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ (67)
- Lundqvist thinks Backstrom’s hit caused Rangers to lose focus before game-winning goal (63)