May 13, 2012, 3:00 PM EDT
The “five words” gimmick didn’t fare any better in Round 2 – O’Brien was the only guy to get more than one pick right — but we here at PHT are nothing if not ridiculously stubborn.
With that in mind, here are our staff picks for the Eastern and Western Conference finals…using only five words.
No. 3 Phoenix vs. No. 8 Los Angeles
Ryan Dadoun (Kings in 7): Kings have clicked in playoffs.
James O’Brien (Kings in 6): Kings are rich man’s Coyotes.
Joe Yerdon (Kings in 6): The ‘Yotes aren’t Quick enough.
Jason Brough (Coyotes in 7): Unbelievable if this actually happens.
Mike Halford (Kings in 6): Phoenix won’t solve Jonathan Quick.
No. 1 New York vs. No. 6 New Jersey
Dadoun (Rangers in 6): King Henrik trumps aging Brodeur.
O’Brien (Rangers in 6): Rangers barely best hot Devils.
Yerdon (Rangers in 7): The King shall reign all.
Brough (Devils in 6): Rangers must be absolutely exhausted.
Halford (Rangers in 7): Just like first two rounds.
Round 1 results:
Round 2 results
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 11
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 14
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 32
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 44
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 50
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 28
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 53
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10