May 13, 2012, 3:00 PM EDT
The “five words” gimmick didn’t fare any better in Round 2 – O’Brien was the only guy to get more than one pick right — but we here at PHT are nothing if not ridiculously stubborn.
With that in mind, here are our staff picks for the Eastern and Western Conference finals…using only five words.
No. 3 Phoenix vs. No. 8 Los Angeles
Ryan Dadoun (Kings in 7): Kings have clicked in playoffs.
James O’Brien (Kings in 6): Kings are rich man’s Coyotes.
Joe Yerdon (Kings in 6): The ‘Yotes aren’t Quick enough.
Jason Brough (Coyotes in 7): Unbelievable if this actually happens.
Mike Halford (Kings in 6): Phoenix won’t solve Jonathan Quick.
No. 1 New York vs. No. 6 New Jersey
Dadoun (Rangers in 6): King Henrik trumps aging Brodeur.
O’Brien (Rangers in 6): Rangers barely best hot Devils.
Yerdon (Rangers in 7): The King shall reign all.
Brough (Devils in 6): Rangers must be absolutely exhausted.
Halford (Rangers in 7): Just like first two rounds.
Round 1 results:
Round 2 results
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 1
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 13
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 6
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39