May 12, 2012, 5:15 PM EST
The referees for tonight’s Eastern Conference semifinal Game 7 between the New York Rangers and Washington Capitals will be Dan O’Rourke (#9) and Chris Rooney (#5).
Working the lines will be “Life Of” Brian Murphy (#93) and Jonny “What happened to the H?” Murray (#95).
— O’Rourke and Rooney were the duo that called the triple-OT Game 3, which New York won 2-1. The game was over 100 minutes long with just 14 PIM.
— In terms of Game 7 experience, O’Rourke/Rooney called Game 7 of the Florida-New Jersey series, a contest in which Florida (the home team) rallied from a 2-0 third period deficit on a pair of power play goals.
— Not to say the Panthers had distinct advantage, of course. The penalties were dead even (Panthers had six, Devils had six), including a pair of offsetting minors to Ed Jovanovski (holding) and David Clarkson (diving) at 10:39 of the first period.
– Rooney’s claim to fame this postseason was working Game 1 of Detroit-Nashville, during which Wings head coach Mike Babcock said the following:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
— Linesmen Murphy and Murray worked Game 2 of this series, a 3-2 Washington win.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 67
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (149)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (67)