May 12, 2012, 5:15 PM EDT
The referees for tonight’s Eastern Conference semifinal Game 7 between the New York Rangers and Washington Capitals will be Dan O’Rourke (#9) and Chris Rooney (#5).
Working the lines will be “Life Of” Brian Murphy (#93) and Jonny “What happened to the H?” Murray (#95).
– O’Rourke and Rooney were the duo that called the triple-OT Game 3, which New York won 2-1. The game was over 100 minutes long with just 14 PIM.
– In terms of Game 7 experience, O’Rourke/Rooney called Game 7 of the Florida-New Jersey series, a contest in which Florida (the home team) rallied from a 2-0 third period deficit on a pair of power play goals.
– Not to say the Panthers had distinct advantage, of course. The penalties were dead even (Panthers had six, Devils had six), including a pair of offsetting minors to Ed Jovanovski (holding) and David Clarkson (diving) at 10:39 of the first period.
– Rooney’s claim to fame this postseason was working Game 1 of Detroit-Nashville, during which Wings head coach Mike Babcock said the following:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
– Linesmen Murphy and Murray worked Game 2 of this series, a 3-2 Washington win.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 3
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 19
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 17
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (59)