May 12, 2012, 5:15 PM EDT
The referees for tonight’s Eastern Conference semifinal Game 7 between the New York Rangers and Washington Capitals will be Dan O’Rourke (#9) and Chris Rooney (#5).
Working the lines will be “Life Of” Brian Murphy (#93) and Jonny “What happened to the H?” Murray (#95).
— O’Rourke and Rooney were the duo that called the triple-OT Game 3, which New York won 2-1. The game was over 100 minutes long with just 14 PIM.
— In terms of Game 7 experience, O’Rourke/Rooney called Game 7 of the Florida-New Jersey series, a contest in which Florida (the home team) rallied from a 2-0 third period deficit on a pair of power play goals.
— Not to say the Panthers had distinct advantage, of course. The penalties were dead even (Panthers had six, Devils had six), including a pair of offsetting minors to Ed Jovanovski (holding) and David Clarkson (diving) at 10:39 of the first period.
– Rooney’s claim to fame this postseason was working Game 1 of Detroit-Nashville, during which Wings head coach Mike Babcock said the following:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
— Linesmen Murphy and Murray worked Game 2 of this series, a 3-2 Washington win.
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 7
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 22
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22