May 12, 2012, 5:15 PM EDT
The referees for tonight’s Eastern Conference semifinal Game 7 between the New York Rangers and Washington Capitals will be Dan O’Rourke (#9) and Chris Rooney (#5).
Working the lines will be “Life Of” Brian Murphy (#93) and Jonny “What happened to the H?” Murray (#95).
– O’Rourke and Rooney were the duo that called the triple-OT Game 3, which New York won 2-1. The game was over 100 minutes long with just 14 PIM.
– In terms of Game 7 experience, O’Rourke/Rooney called Game 7 of the Florida-New Jersey series, a contest in which Florida (the home team) rallied from a 2-0 third period deficit on a pair of power play goals.
– Not to say the Panthers had distinct advantage, of course. The penalties were dead even (Panthers had six, Devils had six), including a pair of offsetting minors to Ed Jovanovski (holding) and David Clarkson (diving) at 10:39 of the first period.
– Rooney’s claim to fame this postseason was working Game 1 of Detroit-Nashville, during which Wings head coach Mike Babcock said the following:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
– Linesmen Murphy and Murray worked Game 2 of this series, a 3-2 Washington win.
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 8
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 27
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 44
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20