May 12, 2012, 5:15 PM EST
The referees for tonight’s Eastern Conference semifinal Game 7 between the New York Rangers and Washington Capitals will be Dan O’Rourke (#9) and Chris Rooney (#5).
Working the lines will be “Life Of” Brian Murphy (#93) and Jonny “What happened to the H?” Murray (#95).
– O’Rourke and Rooney were the duo that called the triple-OT Game 3, which New York won 2-1. The game was over 100 minutes long with just 14 PIM.
– In terms of Game 7 experience, O’Rourke/Rooney called Game 7 of the Florida-New Jersey series, a contest in which Florida (the home team) rallied from a 2-0 third period deficit on a pair of power play goals.
– Not to say the Panthers had distinct advantage, of course. The penalties were dead even (Panthers had six, Devils had six), including a pair of offsetting minors to Ed Jovanovski (holding) and David Clarkson (diving) at 10:39 of the first period.
– Rooney’s claim to fame this postseason was working Game 1 of Detroit-Nashville, during which Wings head coach Mike Babcock said the following:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
– Linesmen Murphy and Murray worked Game 2 of this series, a 3-2 Washington win.
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 10
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 12
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 26
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 17
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 78
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)