May 12, 2012, 1:01 PM EST
New Jersey Devils fans can breathe a sigh of relief after Anton Volchenkov and Marek Zidlicky showed up for Saturday’s practice. Both players were victims of huge hits in Game 5 on Tuesday of the Devils’ second round series against the Philadelphia Flyers. New Jersey won that game and has been waiting to find out who their opponent for the Eastern Conference Finals will be.
Devils coach Peter DeBoer previously said that he expects them to play in Game 1 of the next round, but neither player participated in Thursday’s practice. New Jersey didn’t have a practice scheduled for Friday.
Losing Zidlicky in particular would have been problematic for the Devils as he’s the team’s postseason leader in playing time per game and has been a significant part of their success with the man advantage. Volchenkov is more of a defensive defenseman and has been limited to 15:21 minutes per contest in the playoffs.
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 13
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 29
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 64
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)