May 12, 2012, 1:01 PM EDT
New Jersey Devils fans can breathe a sigh of relief after Anton Volchenkov and Marek Zidlicky showed up for Saturday’s practice. Both players were victims of huge hits in Game 5 on Tuesday of the Devils’ second round series against the Philadelphia Flyers. New Jersey won that game and has been waiting to find out who their opponent for the Eastern Conference Finals will be.
Devils coach Peter DeBoer previously said that he expects them to play in Game 1 of the next round, but neither player participated in Thursday’s practice. New Jersey didn’t have a practice scheduled for Friday.
Losing Zidlicky in particular would have been problematic for the Devils as he’s the team’s postseason leader in playing time per game and has been a significant part of their success with the man advantage. Volchenkov is more of a defensive defenseman and has been limited to 15:21 minutes per contest in the playoffs.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 100
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 77
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (103)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (77)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)