May 12, 2012, 9:26 PM EDT
The New York Rangers got a little extra off-time between Games 6 and 7, which might be part of the reason that John Tortorella opted to ride his top guys Marian Gaborik and Brad Richards even more than usual. That strategy paid off early, but their lesser-known (and super-speedy) partner-in-crime Carl Hagelin deserves a lot of credit for creating havoc early in tonight’s big game against the Washington Capitals, including the game’s only goal through two periods.
Here’s video of that tally, with some analysis on top:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5