May 12, 2012, 3:00 PM EDT
A few eyebrows were raised this morning in New York when Rangers goalie Henrik Lundqvist wasn’t on the ice for the team’s optional game-day skate.
According to NHL.com’s Dave Lozo, Lundqvist has skipped these skates in the past, but this was the first time it’s happened in the playoffs.
Not to worry though, Rangers fans – coach John Tortorella says Lundqvist is “just dandy” and will play tonight against the Capitals.
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 5
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 9
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2