May 12, 2012, 10:40 AM EST
The Vancouver Canucks got a scare earlier this month when Alex Burrows suffered a concussion while playing for Team Canada in the 2012 IIHF World Championships. Although the 2012-13 campaign is still months away, it’s hard to put a timetable on a concussion.
“Every day has been really good for him since the initial play,” Canadian coach Brent Sutter said. “Since then he’s been good.”
Burrows did not end up reporting any post-concussion symptoms and he’s fine to resume playing for Team Canada in the tournament.
This is the first time that Burrows has ever played for Team Canada on the international stage. He went undrafted and had to work his way up from the ECHL.
Burrows’ four-year/$8 million contract runs through the 2012-13 campaign. After that, he’ll probably get a sizable raise.
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 2
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 16
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 58
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 28
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 81
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (81)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)