May 12, 2012, 10:40 AM EST
The Vancouver Canucks got a scare earlier this month when Alex Burrows suffered a concussion while playing for Team Canada in the 2012 IIHF World Championships. Although the 2012-13 campaign is still months away, it’s hard to put a timetable on a concussion.
“Every day has been really good for him since the initial play,” Canadian coach Brent Sutter said. “Since then he’s been good.”
Burrows did not end up reporting any post-concussion symptoms and he’s fine to resume playing for Team Canada in the tournament.
This is the first time that Burrows has ever played for Team Canada on the international stage. He went undrafted and had to work his way up from the ECHL.
Burrows’ four-year/$8 million contract runs through the 2012-13 campaign. After that, he’ll probably get a sizable raise.
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 19
- Mike Richards clears waivers 27
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 13
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 53
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)