May 11, 2012, 8:03 AM EDT
Check out Jason Brough and Mike Halford’s thoughts on New York Rangers head coach John Tortorella, Alex Ovechkin, Washington Capitals head coach Dale Hunter, and who has the edge in the final game of this series.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Here’s an odd stat I want to throw out there: We’ve mentioned quite a few times how long it’s been since Braden Holtby has lost two starts in a row. The flip side of that is he’s only won back-to-back starts once in this playoff run. The issue isn’t that Holtby’s been inconsistent, it’s that the Capitals have been unreliable offensively.
Then again, the Rangers have been no better in this series. Neither team has scored more than three goals in a single game. Three of the games have finished with a score of 3-2 and two more have ended with a score of 2-1. We’ll see if that trend continues on Saturday.
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 16
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 4
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 23
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42
- It’s Florida Panthers day on PHT 8