May 11, 2012, 8:03 AM EDT
Check out Jason Brough and Mike Halford’s thoughts on New York Rangers head coach John Tortorella, Alex Ovechkin, Washington Capitals head coach Dale Hunter, and who has the edge in the final game of this series.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Here’s an odd stat I want to throw out there: We’ve mentioned quite a few times how long it’s been since Braden Holtby has lost two starts in a row. The flip side of that is he’s only won back-to-back starts once in this playoff run. The issue isn’t that Holtby’s been inconsistent, it’s that the Capitals have been unreliable offensively.
Then again, the Rangers have been no better in this series. Neither team has scored more than three goals in a single game. Three of the games have finished with a score of 3-2 and two more have ended with a score of 2-1. We’ll see if that trend continues on Saturday.
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 33
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 6
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)