May 11, 2012, 8:03 AM EDT
Check out Jason Brough and Mike Halford’s thoughts on New York Rangers head coach John Tortorella, Alex Ovechkin, Washington Capitals head coach Dale Hunter, and who has the edge in the final game of this series.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Here’s an odd stat I want to throw out there: We’ve mentioned quite a few times how long it’s been since Braden Holtby has lost two starts in a row. The flip side of that is he’s only won back-to-back starts once in this playoff run. The issue isn’t that Holtby’s been inconsistent, it’s that the Capitals have been unreliable offensively.
Then again, the Rangers have been no better in this series. Neither team has scored more than three goals in a single game. Three of the games have finished with a score of 3-2 and two more have ended with a score of 2-1. We’ll see if that trend continues on Saturday.
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 0
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 13
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 20
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12