May 11, 2012, 8:03 AM EST
Check out Jason Brough and Mike Halford’s thoughts on New York Rangers head coach John Tortorella, Alex Ovechkin, Washington Capitals head coach Dale Hunter, and who has the edge in the final game of this series.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Here’s an odd stat I want to throw out there: We’ve mentioned quite a few times how long it’s been since Braden Holtby has lost two starts in a row. The flip side of that is he’s only won back-to-back starts once in this playoff run. The issue isn’t that Holtby’s been inconsistent, it’s that the Capitals have been unreliable offensively.
Then again, the Rangers have been no better in this series. Neither team has scored more than three goals in a single game. Three of the games have finished with a score of 3-2 and two more have ended with a score of 2-1. We’ll see if that trend continues on Saturday.
- Video: Dustin Brown ejected for kneeing, Tomas Hertl won’t return (update) 16
- No supplemental discipline for Caps’ Wilson 28
- Habs healthy scratch Briere for first time this season 6
- Chiarelli says he’s not trading Marchand 20
- Schenn to play tonight; Oates maintains Wilson hit was ‘totally clean’ 53
- Video: ‘The message is not being heard’ when it comes to illegal hits, suspensions 52
- Video: Kunitz collides with Rangers’ goalie Lundqvist in overtime (Updated) 58
- Discuss: Penguins outlast Rangers in the shootout on NBCSN Rivalry Night 43
- Video: Jagr passes Yzerman for eighth on NHL goals list 12
- Wild put Harding on IR to undergo change in MS treatment 16
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Janssen: Orpik should’ve fought Thornton, then ‘everything would have quieted down’ (123)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (103)
- Cam Neely questions length of Thornton’s suspension (78)