May 11, 2012, 8:03 AM EDT
Check out Jason Brough and Mike Halford’s thoughts on New York Rangers head coach John Tortorella, Alex Ovechkin, Washington Capitals head coach Dale Hunter, and who has the edge in the final game of this series.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Here’s an odd stat I want to throw out there: We’ve mentioned quite a few times how long it’s been since Braden Holtby has lost two starts in a row. The flip side of that is he’s only won back-to-back starts once in this playoff run. The issue isn’t that Holtby’s been inconsistent, it’s that the Capitals have been unreliable offensively.
Then again, the Rangers have been no better in this series. Neither team has scored more than three goals in a single game. Three of the games have finished with a score of 3-2 and two more have ended with a score of 2-1. We’ll see if that trend continues on Saturday.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63