May 11, 2012, 10:57 AM EST
EA Sports and NHL.com have announced the eight quarterfinalists in the EA Sports NHL 13 Cover Vote contest, and a pair of Hart Trophy nominees top the list.
The “Elite Eight” will be paired off into head-to-head matchups with the winners advancing to the semifinals (to be held from May 24-28.)
Claude Giroux vs. Anze Kopitar | Scott Hartnell vs. Evgeni Malkin
Pavel Datsyuk vs. John Tavares | Henrik Lundqvist vs. Pekka Rinne
Bracket A voting runs from Friday to May 17. Bracket B voting begins May 18 and closes May 23. The semifinalists will be announced May 24, when the next round of voting begins.
The EA Sports Cover Vote Finals takes place from May 29 to June 4, with the winner being announced during the 2012 NHL Awards on June 20 at the Wynn Las Vegas.
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 5
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 5
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 5
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 19
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 16
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 16
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 24
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)