May 11, 2012, 10:57 AM EDT
EA Sports and NHL.com have announced the eight quarterfinalists in the EA Sports NHL 13 Cover Vote contest, and a pair of Hart Trophy nominees top the list.
The “Elite Eight” will be paired off into head-to-head matchups with the winners advancing to the semifinals (to be held from May 24-28.)
Claude Giroux vs. Anze Kopitar | Scott Hartnell vs. Evgeni Malkin
Pavel Datsyuk vs. John Tavares | Henrik Lundqvist vs. Pekka Rinne
Bracket A voting runs from Friday to May 17. Bracket B voting begins May 18 and closes May 23. The semifinalists will be announced May 24, when the next round of voting begins.
The EA Sports Cover Vote Finals takes place from May 29 to June 4, with the winner being announced during the 2012 NHL Awards on June 20 at the Wynn Las Vegas.
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 0
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 4
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 15
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 88
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 10
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 12
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 17
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 34
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (89)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (89)