May 11, 2012, 6:36 PM EST
It seemed like the Los Angeles Kings started turning their season around when both Darryl Sutter and Jeff Carter arrived in town. Sutter provided them the coach they needed while Carter helped balance their offense.
In the postseason, Carter has just a goal and three assists but his potential for scoring in bunches makes some wonder if he’s the not-so secret weapon the Kings need to beat the Coyotes. Curtis Zupke of NHL.com hears it from teammate Jarrett Stoll about what Carter is capable of doing.
“A guy with that skill level and a guy that can shoot the puck like he does and score goals at every level like he has — those are game-breakers, series-breakers and guys you want on your team,” Stoll said. “We’re definitely lucky to have him. He’s a big part of our team. He pots a couple of goals, it’s going to be huge for us.”
We’ve seen Dustin Brown play huge all playoffs long for the Kings and Mike Richards and Anze Kopitar have helped be a part of the action too. If Carter joins that party and shows the skills that helped him be a 30-40 goal scorer in the past, the Kings could be headed to their first Stanley Cup finals since 1993. Mike Smith will have a lot to say about that.
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 10
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 12
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 24
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 17
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 78
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)