May 11, 2012, 6:36 PM EDT
It seemed like the Los Angeles Kings started turning their season around when both Darryl Sutter and Jeff Carter arrived in town. Sutter provided them the coach they needed while Carter helped balance their offense.
In the postseason, Carter has just a goal and three assists but his potential for scoring in bunches makes some wonder if he’s the not-so secret weapon the Kings need to beat the Coyotes. Curtis Zupke of NHL.com hears it from teammate Jarrett Stoll about what Carter is capable of doing.
“A guy with that skill level and a guy that can shoot the puck like he does and score goals at every level like he has — those are game-breakers, series-breakers and guys you want on your team,” Stoll said. “We’re definitely lucky to have him. He’s a big part of our team. He pots a couple of goals, it’s going to be huge for us.”
We’ve seen Dustin Brown play huge all playoffs long for the Kings and Mike Richards and Anze Kopitar have helped be a part of the action too. If Carter joins that party and shows the skills that helped him be a 30-40 goal scorer in the past, the Kings could be headed to their first Stanley Cup finals since 1993. Mike Smith will have a lot to say about that.
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 3
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 6
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Miller suffers upper body injury in Bruins win 3
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ 45
- Report: Islanders were sold for $485 million 8
- Scrivens believes Oilers are ‘starting to build winning habits’ 9
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (119)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (53)