May 11, 2012, 6:36 PM EST
It seemed like the Los Angeles Kings started turning their season around when both Darryl Sutter and Jeff Carter arrived in town. Sutter provided them the coach they needed while Carter helped balance their offense.
In the postseason, Carter has just a goal and three assists but his potential for scoring in bunches makes some wonder if he’s the not-so secret weapon the Kings need to beat the Coyotes. Curtis Zupke of NHL.com hears it from teammate Jarrett Stoll about what Carter is capable of doing.
“A guy with that skill level and a guy that can shoot the puck like he does and score goals at every level like he has — those are game-breakers, series-breakers and guys you want on your team,” Stoll said. “We’re definitely lucky to have him. He’s a big part of our team. He pots a couple of goals, it’s going to be huge for us.”
We’ve seen Dustin Brown play huge all playoffs long for the Kings and Mike Richards and Anze Kopitar have helped be a part of the action too. If Carter joins that party and shows the skills that helped him be a 30-40 goal scorer in the past, the Kings could be headed to their first Stanley Cup finals since 1993. Mike Smith will have a lot to say about that.
- Trade: Rangers land Keith Yandle 3
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 19
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 66
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (129)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (66)