May 11, 2012, 6:36 PM EDT
It seemed like the Los Angeles Kings started turning their season around when both Darryl Sutter and Jeff Carter arrived in town. Sutter provided them the coach they needed while Carter helped balance their offense.
In the postseason, Carter has just a goal and three assists but his potential for scoring in bunches makes some wonder if he’s the not-so secret weapon the Kings need to beat the Coyotes. Curtis Zupke of NHL.com hears it from teammate Jarrett Stoll about what Carter is capable of doing.
“A guy with that skill level and a guy that can shoot the puck like he does and score goals at every level like he has — those are game-breakers, series-breakers and guys you want on your team,” Stoll said. “We’re definitely lucky to have him. He’s a big part of our team. He pots a couple of goals, it’s going to be huge for us.”
We’ve seen Dustin Brown play huge all playoffs long for the Kings and Mike Richards and Anze Kopitar have helped be a part of the action too. If Carter joins that party and shows the skills that helped him be a 30-40 goal scorer in the past, the Kings could be headed to their first Stanley Cup finals since 1993. Mike Smith will have a lot to say about that.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (58)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)