May 10, 2012, 11:00 PM EDT
The Flyers’ disappointing exit from the playoffs has provided more than enough attention to Ilya Bryzgalov, but the rest of the team could use some beefing up for a potential Stanley Cup run next season. General manager Paul Holmgren knows all too well that Bryzgalov was only one of many issues.
CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio reports from Holmgren’s end-of-season press conference and finds out the Flyers GM will do what it takes to make things better.
“We’ll look at every way we can to improve our hockey team,” Holmgren said of his approach this summer. “Do we have as many holes as we did five years ago? Probably not. We do have some holes and we’re going to try to fill those holes.”
One area that’s going to get help in one way or another is defense. With Chris Pronger‘s future and career in doubt and Matt Carle potentially becoming an unrestricted free agent, some are dreaming big about Predators impending free agent Ryan Suter.
Panaccio suggests Holmgren could wind up going an old route if they’re making a run at a player like Suter by acquiring their rights ahead of July 1. One things for sure, don’t expect the Flyers to be quiet this summer.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 0
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 29
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (45)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)