May 10, 2012, 5:10 PM EST
Interesting tidbit here from Philly.com’s Sam Carchidi in the wake of Flyers locker clean-out day:
Jaromir Jagr was given several chances to say he wanted to return to the Flyers. He did not bite. It appears he will test the FA market.
It’s understandable that Jagr was non-committal — fellow over-40ers Nicklas Lidstrom and Teemu Selanne are also weighing their options — but the notion he would play for an NHL club other than Philly is interesting.
Jagr was, after all, the same guy that called this season “the most enjoyable year I’ve ever had,” and said he felt like crying after the Game 5 loss to New Jersey.
Mind you, No. 68 didn’t sound entirely happy with how he was utilized in Philly.
Randy Miller of the Post-Courier notes that Jagr “wants to see how the Flyers would use him before deciding to stay,” and “felt he would have been better this season if Lavvy [Peter Laviolette] had given him more ice time.”
(Jagr’s quote: “Sometimes I felt I can be better if I played a little more than I played.”)
Not surprising to hear such comments from Jagr, who tends to get his nose out of joint over perceived slights. Remember, he openly voiced displeasure after the Penguins made re-signing Tyler Kennedy a higher priority last summer, fueling speculation that was the reason he spurned Pittsburgh in favor of Philadelphia.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54