May 10, 2012, 5:10 PM EDT
Interesting tidbit here from Philly.com’s Sam Carchidi in the wake of Flyers locker clean-out day:
Jaromir Jagr was given several chances to say he wanted to return to the Flyers. He did not bite. It appears he will test the FA market.
It’s understandable that Jagr was non-committal — fellow over-40ers Nicklas Lidstrom and Teemu Selanne are also weighing their options — but the notion he would play for an NHL club other than Philly is interesting.
Jagr was, after all, the same guy that called this season “the most enjoyable year I’ve ever had,” and said he felt like crying after the Game 5 loss to New Jersey.
Mind you, No. 68 didn’t sound entirely happy with how he was utilized in Philly.
Randy Miller of the Post-Courier notes that Jagr “wants to see how the Flyers would use him before deciding to stay,” and “felt he would have been better this season if Lavvy [Peter Laviolette] had given him more ice time.”
(Jagr’s quote: “Sometimes I felt I can be better if I played a little more than I played.”)
Not surprising to hear such comments from Jagr, who tends to get his nose out of joint over perceived slights. Remember, he openly voiced displeasure after the Penguins made re-signing Tyler Kennedy a higher priority last summer, fueling speculation that was the reason he spurned Pittsburgh in favor of Philadelphia.
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 0
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 22
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 12
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 41
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 11
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)