May 10, 2012, 5:10 PM EDT
Interesting tidbit here from Philly.com’s Sam Carchidi in the wake of Flyers locker clean-out day:
Jaromir Jagr was given several chances to say he wanted to return to the Flyers. He did not bite. It appears he will test the FA market.
It’s understandable that Jagr was non-committal — fellow over-40ers Nicklas Lidstrom and Teemu Selanne are also weighing their options — but the notion he would play for an NHL club other than Philly is interesting.
Jagr was, after all, the same guy that called this season “the most enjoyable year I’ve ever had,” and said he felt like crying after the Game 5 loss to New Jersey.
Mind you, No. 68 didn’t sound entirely happy with how he was utilized in Philly.
Randy Miller of the Post-Courier notes that Jagr “wants to see how the Flyers would use him before deciding to stay,” and “felt he would have been better this season if Lavvy [Peter Laviolette] had given him more ice time.”
(Jagr’s quote: “Sometimes I felt I can be better if I played a little more than I played.”)
Not surprising to hear such comments from Jagr, who tends to get his nose out of joint over perceived slights. Remember, he openly voiced displeasure after the Penguins made re-signing Tyler Kennedy a higher priority last summer, fueling speculation that was the reason he spurned Pittsburgh in favor of Philadelphia.
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 0
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 14
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 13
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (173)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)