May 10, 2012, 11:25 PM EDT
The Devils don’t know if they’re facing the Capitals or Rangers in the Eastern Conference finals yet, which means story lines have yet to be drawn up. One thing to keep in mind though, if you’re worried about Martin Brodeur having focus against their rivals from New York, think again.
Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice spoke with Brodeur about the Rangers and finds out that his dislike of the team dates back to the 1992 playoffs when he played backup to current Devils goalie coach Chris Terreri.
“I was part of the whole seven games,” Brodeur said. “I was on the bench. I was in the locker room. I got to hate the Rangers early on, got the taste of it. And all (this) year with what happened and all the new faces, we’ve got a little bit of that feeling.”
If a potential Rangers-Devils series happens this year and takes on any of the feelings of that 1992 series, we”ll get to see Brodeur throw down with a Blueshirts forward the way he did with Joey Kocur back in the day. It’s almost too bad Sean Avery isn’t around anymore, that’s a match-up made in Hollywood just with more fat jokes.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 4
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 18
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 44
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 46
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38