May 10, 2012, 11:25 PM EDT
The Devils don’t know if they’re facing the Capitals or Rangers in the Eastern Conference finals yet, which means story lines have yet to be drawn up. One thing to keep in mind though, if you’re worried about Martin Brodeur having focus against their rivals from New York, think again.
Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice spoke with Brodeur about the Rangers and finds out that his dislike of the team dates back to the 1992 playoffs when he played backup to current Devils goalie coach Chris Terreri.
“I was part of the whole seven games,” Brodeur said. “I was on the bench. I was in the locker room. I got to hate the Rangers early on, got the taste of it. And all (this) year with what happened and all the new faces, we’ve got a little bit of that feeling.”
If a potential Rangers-Devils series happens this year and takes on any of the feelings of that 1992 series, we”ll get to see Brodeur throw down with a Blueshirts forward the way he did with Joey Kocur back in the day. It’s almost too bad Sean Avery isn’t around anymore, that’s a match-up made in Hollywood just with more fat jokes.
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 5
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 9
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 12
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)