May 10, 2012, 11:25 PM EDT
The Devils don’t know if they’re facing the Capitals or Rangers in the Eastern Conference finals yet, which means story lines have yet to be drawn up. One thing to keep in mind though, if you’re worried about Martin Brodeur having focus against their rivals from New York, think again.
Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice spoke with Brodeur about the Rangers and finds out that his dislike of the team dates back to the 1992 playoffs when he played backup to current Devils goalie coach Chris Terreri.
“I was part of the whole seven games,” Brodeur said. “I was on the bench. I was in the locker room. I got to hate the Rangers early on, got the taste of it. And all (this) year with what happened and all the new faces, we’ve got a little bit of that feeling.”
If a potential Rangers-Devils series happens this year and takes on any of the feelings of that 1992 series, we”ll get to see Brodeur throw down with a Blueshirts forward the way he did with Joey Kocur back in the day. It’s almost too bad Sean Avery isn’t around anymore, that’s a match-up made in Hollywood just with more fat jokes.
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 33
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 23
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 66
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 53
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (66)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)