May 10, 2012, 11:25 PM EDT
The Devils don’t know if they’re facing the Capitals or Rangers in the Eastern Conference finals yet, which means story lines have yet to be drawn up. One thing to keep in mind though, if you’re worried about Martin Brodeur having focus against their rivals from New York, think again.
Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice spoke with Brodeur about the Rangers and finds out that his dislike of the team dates back to the 1992 playoffs when he played backup to current Devils goalie coach Chris Terreri.
“I was part of the whole seven games,” Brodeur said. “I was on the bench. I was in the locker room. I got to hate the Rangers early on, got the taste of it. And all (this) year with what happened and all the new faces, we’ve got a little bit of that feeling.”
If a potential Rangers-Devils series happens this year and takes on any of the feelings of that 1992 series, we”ll get to see Brodeur throw down with a Blueshirts forward the way he did with Joey Kocur back in the day. It’s almost too bad Sean Avery isn’t around anymore, that’s a match-up made in Hollywood just with more fat jokes.
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 20
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 42
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 18
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 60
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 31
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 44
- On Matt Cooke and whether he’s a ‘repeat offender’ 58
- Marleau, O’Reilly and St. Louis named Lady Byng finalists 20
- Zuccarello: ‘I’m not a diver’ 50
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)