May 10, 2012, 6:07 PM EDT
Despite taking huge hits in Tuesday’s Game 5 ouster of the Philadelphia Flyers, both Marek Zidlicky and Anton Volchenkov will be good to go for Game 1 of the Eastern Conference final, according to Devils head coach Peter DeBoer.
“I would expect them to,” DeBoer told NorthJersey.com when asked if the two defensemen would play.
Zidlicky was shaken up after Flyers forward Wayne Simmonds hit him into the boards.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The New Jersey blueliner was slow to get up and didn’t play for the remainder of the contest. He hasn’t practiced since or been made available to the media, but that could be due to New Jersey’s organizational mandate of intense secrecy regarding injury.
As for Volchenkov, he was rattled after this huge hit from Zac Rinaldo midway through the opening period.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Volchenkov went to the locker room for a short time after the hit, but returned later in the period and took a regular shift for the remainder of the game.
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 3
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 6
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Miller suffers upper body injury in Bruins win 3
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ 45
- Report: Islanders were sold for $485 million 8
- Scrivens believes Oilers are ‘starting to build winning habits’ 9
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (119)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (53)