May 10, 2012, 6:07 PM EDT
Despite taking huge hits in Tuesday’s Game 5 ouster of the Philadelphia Flyers, both Marek Zidlicky and Anton Volchenkov will be good to go for Game 1 of the Eastern Conference final, according to Devils head coach Peter DeBoer.
“I would expect them to,” DeBoer told NorthJersey.com when asked if the two defensemen would play.
Zidlicky was shaken up after Flyers forward Wayne Simmonds hit him into the boards.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The New Jersey blueliner was slow to get up and didn’t play for the remainder of the contest. He hasn’t practiced since or been made available to the media, but that could be due to New Jersey’s organizational mandate of intense secrecy regarding injury.
As for Volchenkov, he was rattled after this huge hit from Zac Rinaldo midway through the opening period.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Volchenkov went to the locker room for a short time after the hit, but returned later in the period and took a regular shift for the remainder of the game.
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 21
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day on PHT 11