May 10, 2012, 6:07 PM EDT
Despite taking huge hits in Tuesday’s Game 5 ouster of the Philadelphia Flyers, both Marek Zidlicky and Anton Volchenkov will be good to go for Game 1 of the Eastern Conference final, according to Devils head coach Peter DeBoer.
“I would expect them to,” DeBoer told NorthJersey.com when asked if the two defensemen would play.
Zidlicky was shaken up after Flyers forward Wayne Simmonds hit him into the boards.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The New Jersey blueliner was slow to get up and didn’t play for the remainder of the contest. He hasn’t practiced since or been made available to the media, but that could be due to New Jersey’s organizational mandate of intense secrecy regarding injury.
As for Volchenkov, he was rattled after this huge hit from Zac Rinaldo midway through the opening period.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Volchenkov went to the locker room for a short time after the hit, but returned later in the period and took a regular shift for the remainder of the game.
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 1
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 8
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)