May 10, 2012, 6:07 PM EST
Despite taking huge hits in Tuesday’s Game 5 ouster of the Philadelphia Flyers, both Marek Zidlicky and Anton Volchenkov will be good to go for Game 1 of the Eastern Conference final, according to Devils head coach Peter DeBoer.
“I would expect them to,” DeBoer told NorthJersey.com when asked if the two defensemen would play.
Zidlicky was shaken up after Flyers forward Wayne Simmonds hit him into the boards.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The New Jersey blueliner was slow to get up and didn’t play for the remainder of the contest. He hasn’t practiced since or been made available to the media, but that could be due to New Jersey’s organizational mandate of intense secrecy regarding injury.
As for Volchenkov, he was rattled after this huge hit from Zac Rinaldo midway through the opening period.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Volchenkov went to the locker room for a short time after the hit, but returned later in the period and took a regular shift for the remainder of the game.
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 0
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 5
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 23
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3