May 10, 2012, 7:24 PM EST
It’s been a pretty special postseason for Braden Holtby. He’s got the Capitals in a Game 7 with a spot in the Eastern Conference finals on the line and right when you think life couldn’t get any better for the young goalie, it does.
According to The Washington Post, Holtby welcomed a new son into the world today with his fianceé, Brandi Bodnar. Benjamin Hunter Holtby was born this morning in a Washington hospital and he and mom are doing well. From the birth of a child to helping the Capitals go deep in the playoffs, it’s safe to say Holtby is on top of the world.
No, we have no idea if Benjamin’s middle name is inspired by coach Dale Hunter, but it’s safe to say he’s had a profound effect on Braden’s life to this point. Here’s to hoping a bouncing baby boy won’t provide too much of a distraction for the new dad, he’ll need to be a little focused on Saturday night.
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 6
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 73
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14