May 10, 2012, 7:24 PM EDT
It’s been a pretty special postseason for Braden Holtby. He’s got the Capitals in a Game 7 with a spot in the Eastern Conference finals on the line and right when you think life couldn’t get any better for the young goalie, it does.
According to The Washington Post, Holtby welcomed a new son into the world today with his fianceé, Brandi Bodnar. Benjamin Hunter Holtby was born this morning in a Washington hospital and he and mom are doing well. From the birth of a child to helping the Capitals go deep in the playoffs, it’s safe to say Holtby is on top of the world.
No, we have no idea if Benjamin’s middle name is inspired by coach Dale Hunter, but it’s safe to say he’s had a profound effect on Braden’s life to this point. Here’s to hoping a bouncing baby boy won’t provide too much of a distraction for the new dad, he’ll need to be a little focused on Saturday night.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 11
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 33
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- Erik Haula signs two-year extension with Wild (35)