May 10, 2012, 7:24 PM EDT
It’s been a pretty special postseason for Braden Holtby. He’s got the Capitals in a Game 7 with a spot in the Eastern Conference finals on the line and right when you think life couldn’t get any better for the young goalie, it does.
According to The Washington Post, Holtby welcomed a new son into the world today with his fianceé, Brandi Bodnar. Benjamin Hunter Holtby was born this morning in a Washington hospital and he and mom are doing well. From the birth of a child to helping the Capitals go deep in the playoffs, it’s safe to say Holtby is on top of the world.
No, we have no idea if Benjamin’s middle name is inspired by coach Dale Hunter, but it’s safe to say he’s had a profound effect on Braden’s life to this point. Here’s to hoping a bouncing baby boy won’t provide too much of a distraction for the new dad, he’ll need to be a little focused on Saturday night.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (60)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)