May 10, 2012, 7:24 PM EST
It’s been a pretty special postseason for Braden Holtby. He’s got the Capitals in a Game 7 with a spot in the Eastern Conference finals on the line and right when you think life couldn’t get any better for the young goalie, it does.
According to The Washington Post, Holtby welcomed a new son into the world today with his fianceé, Brandi Bodnar. Benjamin Hunter Holtby was born this morning in a Washington hospital and he and mom are doing well. From the birth of a child to helping the Capitals go deep in the playoffs, it’s safe to say Holtby is on top of the world.
No, we have no idea if Benjamin’s middle name is inspired by coach Dale Hunter, but it’s safe to say he’s had a profound effect on Braden’s life to this point. Here’s to hoping a bouncing baby boy won’t provide too much of a distraction for the new dad, he’ll need to be a little focused on Saturday night.
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 21
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updayed) 36
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 58
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 33
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 56
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 165
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 5
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 25
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 53
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (165)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand (61)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)