May 10, 2012, 5:32 PM EDT
After orchestrating a solid in-season turnaround and compiling a 27-23-8 record overall, Anaheim Ducks head coach Bruce Boudreau has been rewarded with a two-year extension.
“Since joining the organization last November, Bruce has done an outstanding job with the team,” said Ducks General Manager Bob Murray. “He’s committed to us and determined to lead us back to the playoffs.”
Boudreau likely won his extension with the job he did in 2012. After Jan. 1, Anaheim went 24-15-6 — the fifth best record in the Western Conference — and made a spirited push for the playoffs.
“I’m really happy about this,” said Boudreau. “I’m convinced we have a great core of players and a bright future, and I’m excited to be part of it.”
Murray said repeatedly last season the club wasn’t interested in a rebuild and that the slow start under ex-head coach Randy Carlyle was an anomaly, not a sign of a fractured team.
He then backed that up with a three-year extension for defenseman Francois Beauchemin — believed to be a highly-coveted asset at the deadline — and sticking with forward Bobby Ryan after a flurry of trade speculation.
The Boudreau extension, combined with yesterday’s one-year contract extension to Saku Koivu, are two more signs the Ducks like their current group.
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 27
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 42
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)