May 9, 2012, 8:43 PM EDT
With the Washington Capitals ahead of the New York Rangers 1-0 through the first period of tonight’s Game 6, the possibility of a Game 7 is very real. Hockey fans should open up their nights for puck action either way this weekend, though, as both evenings could feature games.
If the Capitals win Game 6:Washington at New York will air on NBC Sports Network at 7:30 pm ET.
If the Rangers win Game 6: the Eastern Conference finals begin with New Jersey at New York, which will air on NBC Sports Network at 8 pm ET.
If the Rangers win Game 6: then the Western Conference finals kick off with Game 1 on Sunday. The Los Angeles Kings will visit the Phoenix Coyotes, which would air on NBC Sports Network at 8 pm ET.
In other words, we’re guaranteed a game on Saturday while Mother’s Day might compete with Game 1 of the Western Conference finals if the Rangers win tonight.
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 2
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55