May 9, 2012, 8:43 PM EST
With the Washington Capitals ahead of the New York Rangers 1-0 through the first period of tonight’s Game 6, the possibility of a Game 7 is very real. Hockey fans should open up their nights for puck action either way this weekend, though, as both evenings could feature games.
If the Capitals win Game 6:Washington at New York will air on NBC Sports Network at 7:30 pm ET.
If the Rangers win Game 6: the Eastern Conference finals begin with New Jersey at New York, which will air on NBC Sports Network at 8 pm ET.
If the Rangers win Game 6: then the Western Conference finals kick off with Game 1 on Sunday. The Los Angeles Kings will visit the Phoenix Coyotes, which would air on NBC Sports Network at 8 pm ET.
In other words, we’re guaranteed a game on Saturday while Mother’s Day might compete with Game 1 of the Western Conference finals if the Rangers win tonight.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 7
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54