May 9, 2012, 8:43 PM EDT
With the Washington Capitals ahead of the New York Rangers 1-0 through the first period of tonight’s Game 6, the possibility of a Game 7 is very real. Hockey fans should open up their nights for puck action either way this weekend, though, as both evenings could feature games.
If the Capitals win Game 6:Washington at New York will air on NBC Sports Network at 7:30 pm ET.
If the Rangers win Game 6: the Eastern Conference finals begin with New Jersey at New York, which will air on NBC Sports Network at 8 pm ET.
If the Rangers win Game 6: then the Western Conference finals kick off with Game 1 on Sunday. The Los Angeles Kings will visit the Phoenix Coyotes, which would air on NBC Sports Network at 8 pm ET.
In other words, we’re guaranteed a game on Saturday while Mother’s Day might compete with Game 1 of the Western Conference finals if the Rangers win tonight.
- Sabres’ Kane (shoulder) ‘ahead of schedule’ with recovery 0
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 25
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 16
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 69
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 32
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 57
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 14
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (69)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (57)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)