May 9, 2012, 8:43 PM EDT
With the Washington Capitals ahead of the New York Rangers 1-0 through the first period of tonight’s Game 6, the possibility of a Game 7 is very real. Hockey fans should open up their nights for puck action either way this weekend, though, as both evenings could feature games.
If the Capitals win Game 6:Washington at New York will air on NBC Sports Network at 7:30 pm ET.
If the Rangers win Game 6: the Eastern Conference finals begin with New Jersey at New York, which will air on NBC Sports Network at 8 pm ET.
If the Rangers win Game 6: then the Western Conference finals kick off with Game 1 on Sunday. The Los Angeles Kings will visit the Phoenix Coyotes, which would air on NBC Sports Network at 8 pm ET.
In other words, we’re guaranteed a game on Saturday while Mother’s Day might compete with Game 1 of the Western Conference finals if the Rangers win tonight.
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 5
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 9
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 12
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)