May 9, 2012, 8:43 PM EST
With the Washington Capitals ahead of the New York Rangers 1-0 through the first period of tonight’s Game 6, the possibility of a Game 7 is very real. Hockey fans should open up their nights for puck action either way this weekend, though, as both evenings could feature games.
If the Capitals win Game 6:Washington at New York will air on NBC Sports Network at 7:30 pm ET.
If the Rangers win Game 6: the Eastern Conference finals begin with New Jersey at New York, which will air on NBC Sports Network at 8 pm ET.
If the Rangers win Game 6: then the Western Conference finals kick off with Game 1 on Sunday. The Los Angeles Kings will visit the Phoenix Coyotes, which would air on NBC Sports Network at 8 pm ET.
In other words, we’re guaranteed a game on Saturday while Mother’s Day might compete with Game 1 of the Western Conference finals if the Rangers win tonight.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 154
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 120
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (154)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (120)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)