May 9, 2012, 10:44 PM EDT
For believers in things like “reason” and “logic,” the 2012 NHL playoffs have been a cruel beast. It’s not the only upset-laden summer in recent years (hockey is a sport with limited scoring, lending itself to surprises in small samples), but it really might be the year when hockey followed Murphy’s Law.
On the other hand, one illogical argument is falling to pieces: that Alex Ovechkin isn’t “clutch.” It was a pretty silly argument considering his career numbers already, but for some, you’re a failure if you don’t win in the playoffs regardless of context. Their arguments keep getting harder to make, however, and this video montage – which is as impressive for the scoring chances that didn’t amount to scores as the one that did – might do the trick for intangible buffs.
You think Ovechkin wanted this 2-1 win?
- Video: Bruins, Hawks combine for five goals in 11 minutes during wild second period 4
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 61
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 23
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 24
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming