May 9, 2012, 12:50 PM EDT
According to Yahoo!’s Dmitry Chesnokov, Medvedev believes Radulov’s one-game suspension is a form of revenge from the Predators.
“The story with Radulov breaking team rules is Nashville’s payback to him for not signing in Nashville long term.”
Sound like a wacky conspiracy theory in the making? You better believe it. Of course if Radulov winds up going back to the KHL next season, this idea will only get more traction and become some sort of folklore in both Nashville and Russia.
Is it sour grapes from the head of the Russian pro league? More than likely. Seeing your top star bolt for your “rival” league at the end of the season is rough. Seeing him embarrass himself on a global scale by not being responsible enough to make it back for curfew is tough to swallow.
Hanging blame on the franchise because he didn’t get a long-term contract though is tough — but ultimately pretty empty talk.
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 7
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 5
- Discuss: Kings dominate Game 5, one win away from Western Conference final 19
- Discuss: Red Wings take 3-1 series lead 48
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win 78
- What they’re saying about the Avs hiring Patrick Roy 6
- It’s official: Colorado names Roy sixth head coach in franchise history 48
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 38
- Three reasons why the Rangers might buy out Richards 26
- Richards made a healthy scratch for Game 4 35
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (113)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?