May 9, 2012, 12:50 PM EST
According to Yahoo!’s Dmitry Chesnokov, Medvedev believes Radulov’s one-game suspension is a form of revenge from the Predators.
“The story with Radulov breaking team rules is Nashville’s payback to him for not signing in Nashville long term.”
Sound like a wacky conspiracy theory in the making? You better believe it. Of course if Radulov winds up going back to the KHL next season, this idea will only get more traction and become some sort of folklore in both Nashville and Russia.
Is it sour grapes from the head of the Russian pro league? More than likely. Seeing your top star bolt for your “rival” league at the end of the season is rough. Seeing him embarrass himself on a global scale by not being responsible enough to make it back for curfew is tough to swallow.
Hanging blame on the franchise because he didn’t get a long-term contract though is tough — but ultimately pretty empty talk.
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 17
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 23
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (63)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (42)