May 9, 2012, 12:50 PM EDT
According to Yahoo!’s Dmitry Chesnokov, Medvedev believes Radulov’s one-game suspension is a form of revenge from the Predators.
“The story with Radulov breaking team rules is Nashville’s payback to him for not signing in Nashville long term.”
Sound like a wacky conspiracy theory in the making? You better believe it. Of course if Radulov winds up going back to the KHL next season, this idea will only get more traction and become some sort of folklore in both Nashville and Russia.
Is it sour grapes from the head of the Russian pro league? More than likely. Seeing your top star bolt for your “rival” league at the end of the season is rough. Seeing him embarrass himself on a global scale by not being responsible enough to make it back for curfew is tough to swallow.
Hanging blame on the franchise because he didn’t get a long-term contract though is tough — but ultimately pretty empty talk.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (160)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)