May 9, 2012, 9:40 AM EDT
When some players see their season ended in the playoffs, they’ll be in denial for some time, sitting in disbelief that their run to glory is over. Jaroslav Halak is not one of those guys.
Halak looked back on the season and playoffs with Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch and had a firm grasp on the truth of the situation feeling proud of what the team did but not being satisfied in any way at all.
“It is a good feeling, but we didn’t accomplish anything in the playoffs,” Halak said. “Obviously everybody when they look at our regular season, it was a great season for us. But when you look at the playoffs, we still only won four games. We need 16 to win the Stanley Cup. We are still far away from being there.”
For a Blues team that did accomplish a lot, there’s plenty of grumpy thoughts about the team now after being bumped out of the playoffs. Captain David Backes was highly critical of some members of the team which makes you think the Blues are going to be active in the offseason “fixing” their locker room.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 68
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 42
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 32
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 22
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 56
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)