May 9, 2012, 9:40 AM EDT
When some players see their season ended in the playoffs, they’ll be in denial for some time, sitting in disbelief that their run to glory is over. Jaroslav Halak is not one of those guys.
Halak looked back on the season and playoffs with Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch and had a firm grasp on the truth of the situation feeling proud of what the team did but not being satisfied in any way at all.
“It is a good feeling, but we didn’t accomplish anything in the playoffs,” Halak said. “Obviously everybody when they look at our regular season, it was a great season for us. But when you look at the playoffs, we still only won four games. We need 16 to win the Stanley Cup. We are still far away from being there.”
For a Blues team that did accomplish a lot, there’s plenty of grumpy thoughts about the team now after being bumped out of the playoffs. Captain David Backes was highly critical of some members of the team which makes you think the Blues are going to be active in the offseason “fixing” their locker room.
- Once again, Carlyle’s Leafs are searching for answers 2
- Video: Sens, Leafs, Habs combine for beautiful tribute following Ottawa shootings 2
- Sleepy Sharks hit new low in loss to Buffalo 10
- Goalie nods: Gustavsson gets his second start 0
- Price downplays start as Canadiens host Rangers 8
- Sens, Habs and Leafs pay tribute to fallen soldier 3
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 34
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 28
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (83)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? (37)
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case (36)