May 9, 2012, 9:40 AM EST
When some players see their season ended in the playoffs, they’ll be in denial for some time, sitting in disbelief that their run to glory is over. Jaroslav Halak is not one of those guys.
Halak looked back on the season and playoffs with Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch and had a firm grasp on the truth of the situation feeling proud of what the team did but not being satisfied in any way at all.
“It is a good feeling, but we didn’t accomplish anything in the playoffs,” Halak said. “Obviously everybody when they look at our regular season, it was a great season for us. But when you look at the playoffs, we still only won four games. We need 16 to win the Stanley Cup. We are still far away from being there.”
For a Blues team that did accomplish a lot, there’s plenty of grumpy thoughts about the team now after being bumped out of the playoffs. Captain David Backes was highly critical of some members of the team which makes you think the Blues are going to be active in the offseason “fixing” their locker room.
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 21
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updayed) 36
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 58
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 33
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 56
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 165
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 5
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 25
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 53
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (165)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ (61)
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand (61)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)