May 9, 2012, 5:51 PM EST
At the most relaxed of times, the New Jersey Devils don’t like discussing injuries.
During the playoffs? It’s like trying to get conversation from a surly teenager.
For evidence, we direct your attention to Rich Chere’s article for the Star-Ledger on injured Devils defenseman Marek Zidlicky. The veteran rearguard took a nasty hit from Philly’s Wayne Simmonds in the second period of Game 5 and didn’t play at all in the third.
Here’s Devils GM Lou Lamoriello:
Lamoriello said Zidlicky should be able to play in the Eastern Conference finals, but would offer no details.
“It will be day to day,” the GM said.
Is it a concern?
“No. Day to day wouldn’t be a concern,” Lamoriello said.
The Devils were given a day off today, so Lamoriello said he didn’t know about any other possible injuries.
“It was a physical game,” he said.
LouLam doesn’t seem like he’s much for specifics. I bet when he fills out his census form, he puts his occupation as “sports”.
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 3
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 8
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 52
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 12
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 75
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 104
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (137)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)