May 9, 2012, 5:51 PM EDT
At the most relaxed of times, the New Jersey Devils don’t like discussing injuries.
During the playoffs? It’s like trying to get conversation from a surly teenager.
For evidence, we direct your attention to Rich Chere’s article for the Star-Ledger on injured Devils defenseman Marek Zidlicky. The veteran rearguard took a nasty hit from Philly’s Wayne Simmonds in the second period of Game 5 and didn’t play at all in the third.
Here’s Devils GM Lou Lamoriello:
Lamoriello said Zidlicky should be able to play in the Eastern Conference finals, but would offer no details.
“It will be day to day,” the GM said.
Is it a concern?
“No. Day to day wouldn’t be a concern,” Lamoriello said.
The Devils were given a day off today, so Lamoriello said he didn’t know about any other possible injuries.
“It was a physical game,” he said.
LouLam doesn’t seem like he’s much for specifics. I bet when he fills out his census form, he puts his occupation as “sports”.
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 9
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 4
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 20
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 91
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 10
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 17
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 35
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (93)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (89)