May 9, 2012, 5:51 PM EDT
At the most relaxed of times, the New Jersey Devils don’t like discussing injuries.
During the playoffs? It’s like trying to get conversation from a surly teenager.
For evidence, we direct your attention to Rich Chere’s article for the Star-Ledger on injured Devils defenseman Marek Zidlicky. The veteran rearguard took a nasty hit from Philly’s Wayne Simmonds in the second period of Game 5 and didn’t play at all in the third.
Here’s Devils GM Lou Lamoriello:
Lamoriello said Zidlicky should be able to play in the Eastern Conference finals, but would offer no details.
“It will be day to day,” the GM said.
Is it a concern?
“No. Day to day wouldn’t be a concern,” Lamoriello said.
The Devils were given a day off today, so Lamoriello said he didn’t know about any other possible injuries.
“It was a physical game,” he said.
LouLam doesn’t seem like he’s much for specifics. I bet when he fills out his census form, he puts his occupation as “sports”.
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 5
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 19
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 20
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 5
- Struggling Coyotes ‘not anywhere good enough,’ says GM 9
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 8
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 5
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Ovechkin looking to avoid career-long scoring slump tonight 11
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)