May 9, 2012, 5:51 PM EST
At the most relaxed of times, the New Jersey Devils don’t like discussing injuries.
During the playoffs? It’s like trying to get conversation from a surly teenager.
For evidence, we direct your attention to Rich Chere’s article for the Star-Ledger on injured Devils defenseman Marek Zidlicky. The veteran rearguard took a nasty hit from Philly’s Wayne Simmonds in the second period of Game 5 and didn’t play at all in the third.
Here’s Devils GM Lou Lamoriello:
Lamoriello said Zidlicky should be able to play in the Eastern Conference finals, but would offer no details.
“It will be day to day,” the GM said.
Is it a concern?
“No. Day to day wouldn’t be a concern,” Lamoriello said.
The Devils were given a day off today, so Lamoriello said he didn’t know about any other possible injuries.
“It was a physical game,” he said.
LouLam doesn’t seem like he’s much for specifics. I bet when he fills out his census form, he puts his occupation as “sports”.
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 3
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 14
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 58
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5