May 9, 2012, 5:51 PM EDT
At the most relaxed of times, the New Jersey Devils don’t like discussing injuries.
During the playoffs? It’s like trying to get conversation from a surly teenager.
For evidence, we direct your attention to Rich Chere’s article for the Star-Ledger on injured Devils defenseman Marek Zidlicky. The veteran rearguard took a nasty hit from Philly’s Wayne Simmonds in the second period of Game 5 and didn’t play at all in the third.
Here’s Devils GM Lou Lamoriello:
Lamoriello said Zidlicky should be able to play in the Eastern Conference finals, but would offer no details.
“It will be day to day,” the GM said.
Is it a concern?
“No. Day to day wouldn’t be a concern,” Lamoriello said.
The Devils were given a day off today, so Lamoriello said he didn’t know about any other possible injuries.
“It was a physical game,” he said.
LouLam doesn’t seem like he’s much for specifics. I bet when he fills out his census form, he puts his occupation as “sports”.
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 0
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 16
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 22
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 37
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 59
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 90
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (138)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (99)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)