May 9, 2012, 11:43 AM EDT
Imagine being Flyers forward Claude Giroux. Instead of helping his team on the ice and try to prolong the series, he’s in the press box serving a suspension and stuck having to watch the team go down in flames in Game 5 and out of the playoffs.
Giroux did meet with the press after the game and tells CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio that he believes in his team and wishes things went a lot more differently while giving the Devils a lot of credit.
“They are a good team,” Giroux said. “They played well. They are good defensively. When they had a chance to put it in the net they did. I still think that we are a good team. It should have been a tighter series. We’ve just got to learn from it.”
I can see it now: Claude Giroux playing Marlon Brando’s role in a remake of “On The Waterfront.” I could’ve been a contender! I could’ve been somebody!
Giroux is still awfully young, as are a lot of guys on the Flyers roster and this will make for a major learning experience for them. Losing should spur you on to wanting more and achieving greater heights. We’ve only really seen the start of Giroux’s potential superstar career, now it’ll be on him to step things up next year and try to not be as careless throwing the body.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 1
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 24
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 40
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)