May 9, 2012, 11:43 AM EDT
Imagine being Flyers forward Claude Giroux. Instead of helping his team on the ice and try to prolong the series, he’s in the press box serving a suspension and stuck having to watch the team go down in flames in Game 5 and out of the playoffs.
Giroux did meet with the press after the game and tells CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio that he believes in his team and wishes things went a lot more differently while giving the Devils a lot of credit.
“They are a good team,” Giroux said. “They played well. They are good defensively. When they had a chance to put it in the net they did. I still think that we are a good team. It should have been a tighter series. We’ve just got to learn from it.”
I can see it now: Claude Giroux playing Marlon Brando’s role in a remake of “On The Waterfront.” I could’ve been a contender! I could’ve been somebody!
Giroux is still awfully young, as are a lot of guys on the Flyers roster and this will make for a major learning experience for them. Losing should spur you on to wanting more and achieving greater heights. We’ve only really seen the start of Giroux’s potential superstar career, now it’ll be on him to step things up next year and try to not be as careless throwing the body.
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 11
- NHL postpones Blue Jackets-Stars game following Peverley’s collapse 11
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 11
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 7
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 20
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 28
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)