May 8, 2012, 1:46 AM EDT
Mike Smith came so close to being one of the rare goaltenders to score on an empty net during a playoff game. You can check out his efforts below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
He has to be disappointed about that one, but maybe Smith can take some small comfort in the fact that he made 32 saves on Monday to lead the Phoenix Coyotes to the Western Conference Finals.
Smith will face Los Angeles’ Jonathan Quick in the next round in what promises to be an intense goaltending duel.
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 5
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 20
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 78
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 35
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 41
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)