May 8, 2012, 8:37 PM EDT
PHT’s own Joe Yerdon captures this goal the best. If you’ve played a hockey video game, you’ve likely made this mistake before: you get antsy to pass with your goalie … so you cough it up to the opposing forward for a grief-stricken goal. That’s exactly what Philadelphia Flyers albatross-in-net Ilya Bryzgalov did with New Jersey Devils forward David Clarkson in the 2-1 goal, which was the eventual series-winner as the Devils closed things out 3-1 to win the series 4-1.
Here is that highlight, which will likely haunt Breezy and the Flyers for weeks if not months:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
It kind of symbolizes Bryzgalov’s sloppy, almost unfathomable 2012 playoff mess in a way, doesn’t it? Feel free to insert your favorite “humongous bad” jokes in the comments because they’re pretty much inevitable.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 52
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5