May 8, 2012, 8:37 PM EDT
PHT’s own Joe Yerdon captures this goal the best. If you’ve played a hockey video game, you’ve likely made this mistake before: you get antsy to pass with your goalie … so you cough it up to the opposing forward for a grief-stricken goal. That’s exactly what Philadelphia Flyers albatross-in-net Ilya Bryzgalov did with New Jersey Devils forward David Clarkson in the 2-1 goal, which was the eventual series-winner as the Devils closed things out 3-1 to win the series 4-1.
Here is that highlight, which will likely haunt Breezy and the Flyers for weeks if not months:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
It kind of symbolizes Bryzgalov’s sloppy, almost unfathomable 2012 playoff mess in a way, doesn’t it? Feel free to insert your favorite “humongous bad” jokes in the comments because they’re pretty much inevitable.
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 0
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 11
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 3
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 11
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 40
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 18
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 61
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 25