May 8, 2012, 9:18 PM EDT
The New Jersey Devils-Philadelphia Flyers’ recent rivalry has been painted by the nastiness of some huge hits, with Scott Stevens’ infamous check on Eric Lindros being the classic example. The two squads are a little different these days, but Game 5 featured a bunch of nastiness. It all seemed to start with Anton Volchenkov‘s walloping (and clean) hit on Brayden Schenn.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
That encouraged a (seemingly/relatively) clean retaliatory hit from Zac Rinaldo on Volchenkov.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos! This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
We’re just now in the second intermission of a greasy Game 5 with the Devils up 2-1. It seems like Philly is getting frustrated, so the physical play should be something to watch in the final frame – whether it’s the last period of the Flyers’ turbulent season or not.
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 0
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 6
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 31
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 41
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 25