May 8, 2012, 1:20 PM EDT
We’ve had fun with John Tortorella for being so brief with the media throughout the playoffs. After last night’s incredible Game 5 comeback against Washington that saw the Rangers win 3-2 in overtime, the usually curt Tortorella offered up a little bit of insight.
CSNWashington.com’s Chuck Gormley gets Tortorella’s thoughts on what it does to a team to win and lose in the way things played out last night.
“It’s a kick in the gut when you lose because it happens so quickly. And it’s pretty exciting when you win because it happens so quick.”
The Caps are saying all the right things about how guys like Braden Holtby will handle losing in such a gut-wrenching way. The Capitals have handled losing overtime games just fine in these playoffs as they’re 3-0 in the game following an OT loss. Losing might be a kick in the gut, but it seems to be forgotten just as fast as it arrives in D.C.
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession 17
- Video: Controversial Kane goal has Laviolette fuming 12
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 6
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 2
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 36
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 45
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38