May 8, 2012, 1:20 PM EDT
We’ve had fun with John Tortorella for being so brief with the media throughout the playoffs. After last night’s incredible Game 5 comeback against Washington that saw the Rangers win 3-2 in overtime, the usually curt Tortorella offered up a little bit of insight.
CSNWashington.com’s Chuck Gormley gets Tortorella’s thoughts on what it does to a team to win and lose in the way things played out last night.
“It’s a kick in the gut when you lose because it happens so quickly. And it’s pretty exciting when you win because it happens so quick.”
The Caps are saying all the right things about how guys like Braden Holtby will handle losing in such a gut-wrenching way. The Capitals have handled losing overtime games just fine in these playoffs as they’re 3-0 in the game following an OT loss. Losing might be a kick in the gut, but it seems to be forgotten just as fast as it arrives in D.C.
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 13
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 22
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 13
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 13
- Sens tell fans to stop throwing hamburgers 35
- NHL confirms working with Isles, Leddy regarding Twitter threats (Updated) 16
- Snider: Patience is ‘great with the kids,’ but not with ‘the team we have on the ice’ 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Asst. GM Guerin admits Penguins need to lay off the refs (52)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)