May 8, 2012, 1:20 PM EST
We’ve had fun with John Tortorella for being so brief with the media throughout the playoffs. After last night’s incredible Game 5 comeback against Washington that saw the Rangers win 3-2 in overtime, the usually curt Tortorella offered up a little bit of insight.
CSNWashington.com’s Chuck Gormley gets Tortorella’s thoughts on what it does to a team to win and lose in the way things played out last night.
“It’s a kick in the gut when you lose because it happens so quickly. And it’s pretty exciting when you win because it happens so quick.”
The Caps are saying all the right things about how guys like Braden Holtby will handle losing in such a gut-wrenching way. The Capitals have handled losing overtime games just fine in these playoffs as they’re 3-0 in the game following an OT loss. Losing might be a kick in the gut, but it seems to be forgotten just as fast as it arrives in D.C.
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 17
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 28
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 36
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 58
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)