May 8, 2012, 1:20 PM EDT
We’ve had fun with John Tortorella for being so brief with the media throughout the playoffs. After last night’s incredible Game 5 comeback against Washington that saw the Rangers win 3-2 in overtime, the usually curt Tortorella offered up a little bit of insight.
CSNWashington.com’s Chuck Gormley gets Tortorella’s thoughts on what it does to a team to win and lose in the way things played out last night.
“It’s a kick in the gut when you lose because it happens so quickly. And it’s pretty exciting when you win because it happens so quick.”
The Caps are saying all the right things about how guys like Braden Holtby will handle losing in such a gut-wrenching way. The Capitals have handled losing overtime games just fine in these playoffs as they’re 3-0 in the game following an OT loss. Losing might be a kick in the gut, but it seems to be forgotten just as fast as it arrives in D.C.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 2
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 7
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 18
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)