May 8, 2012, 1:33 AM EST
Whether Barry Trotz made the right move or not, many will remember the Nashville Predators’ semifinals defeat to the Phoenix Coyotes as a series where Andrei Kostitsyn and Alex Radulov‘s suspensions made the most headlines. Coyotes head coach Dave Tippett didn’t deny that to radio host Willy Daunic.
“We capitalized on our chances,” Tippet said. “We were fortunate that Nashville had a major distraction. That made it harder for them. My opinion was that the distraction was something they had to spend a lot of time thinking about. We just concentrated on winning.”
So, basically, even the Coyotes blame Radulov and Kostitsyn (or at least the distraction around that situation) for Nashville’s woes. At least to an extent. For a coach who has been compared to “Deputy Dog” after losses, Tippett was fascinatingly candid in those remarks.
It’s tough to deny the rumblings when even the opposing coach is highlighting that difference, but do you buy that being the story of the series? Is it possible that this might be a subtle form of false modesty to obscure the fact that maybe – just maybe – the Coyotes were really that much better than the Predators?
Share your own thoughts in the comments.
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 0
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 31
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 29
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 65
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (65)