May 8, 2012, 6:52 PM EST
In the latest episode of PHT Extra, Mike Halford and Jason Brough — aka “The Balki and Cousin Larry of hockey blogging” — discuss the aftermath of the recently completed Phoenix-Nashville series.
For the Coyotes, good times are ahead. The team will participate in the first Western Conference finals in franchise history and a new ownership group — led by former Sharks CEO Greg Jamison — has a purchase agreement for the club.
For the Predators…yeah, not so much. The team was bounced in Round 2 for the second consecutive year in a hailstorm of controversy stemming from the Alex Radulov/Andrei Kostitsyn curfew violation. Now there are major questions about the future of Ryan Suter and Shea Weber.
So let’s go to the video, shall we?This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Be sure to check back tomorrow, when PHT Extra takes a look at the Eastern Conference picture.
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 0
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 21
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 36
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 7
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 77
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (77)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)