May 8, 2012, 6:52 PM EDT
In the latest episode of PHT Extra, Mike Halford and Jason Brough — aka “The Balki and Cousin Larry of hockey blogging” — discuss the aftermath of the recently completed Phoenix-Nashville series.
For the Coyotes, good times are ahead. The team will participate in the first Western Conference finals in franchise history and a new ownership group — led by former Sharks CEO Greg Jamison — has a purchase agreement for the club.
For the Predators…yeah, not so much. The team was bounced in Round 2 for the second consecutive year in a hailstorm of controversy stemming from the Alex Radulov/Andrei Kostitsyn curfew violation. Now there are major questions about the future of Ryan Suter and Shea Weber.
So let’s go to the video, shall we?This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Be sure to check back tomorrow, when PHT Extra takes a look at the Eastern Conference picture.
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 0
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 1
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 11
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 39
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 96
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 18
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (96)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)