May 8, 2012, 6:52 PM EDT
In the latest episode of PHT Extra, Mike Halford and Jason Brough — aka “The Balki and Cousin Larry of hockey blogging” — discuss the aftermath of the recently completed Phoenix-Nashville series.
For the Coyotes, good times are ahead. The team will participate in the first Western Conference finals in franchise history and a new ownership group — led by former Sharks CEO Greg Jamison — has a purchase agreement for the club.
For the Predators…yeah, not so much. The team was bounced in Round 2 for the second consecutive year in a hailstorm of controversy stemming from the Alex Radulov/Andrei Kostitsyn curfew violation. Now there are major questions about the future of Ryan Suter and Shea Weber.
So let’s go to the video, shall we?This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Be sure to check back tomorrow, when PHT Extra takes a look at the Eastern Conference picture.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 18
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 16
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)