May 8, 2012, 6:52 PM EDT
In the latest episode of PHT Extra, Mike Halford and Jason Brough — aka “The Balki and Cousin Larry of hockey blogging” — discuss the aftermath of the recently completed Phoenix-Nashville series.
For the Coyotes, good times are ahead. The team will participate in the first Western Conference finals in franchise history and a new ownership group — led by former Sharks CEO Greg Jamison — has a purchase agreement for the club.
For the Predators…yeah, not so much. The team was bounced in Round 2 for the second consecutive year in a hailstorm of controversy stemming from the Alex Radulov/Andrei Kostitsyn curfew violation. Now there are major questions about the future of Ryan Suter and Shea Weber.
So let’s go to the video, shall we?This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Be sure to check back tomorrow, when PHT Extra takes a look at the Eastern Conference picture.
- WATCH LIVE: Kings at Blackhawks 1
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 1
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7