May 8, 2012, 9:24 AM EDT
Let’s face it, whenever you hear about the Devils you’re never really thinking about a potent offense. Fair or not, it’s just the stigma that goes along with the team thanks to their past.
That said, this year’s Devils team is different and Martin Brodeur couldn’t be more excited about his team’s offense, especially when they’re able to make his job that much easier. Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice hears it from Brodeur about his new found love of offense.
“The more we keep the puck in their zone, the more we’re taking shots on them, the less they’re going to have an opportunity against us,” Brodeur said. “But when they do (have an opportunity), we have a lot of good back pressure from our forwards just because we’re working hard. We’re gambling sometimes offensively, but we’re coming back five guys together and putting a lot of pressure on them to make good plays to beat us and it’s been working out good.”
If you found someone who had been under a rock all year and missed out on how these Devils play, hearing Brodeur wax poetic about New Jersey’s offense might scare them back into hiding. Having the offense help the defense is a new thing entirely it seems.
While the other Eastern Conference series might be lacking in offensive pressure and scoring chances, the Devils are doing their part to shake off an old, ugly image.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 12
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 13
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)