May 8, 2012, 3:20 PM EST
Yesterday we wrote about a potential controversy involving the Manitoba Liquor Control Commission and the possibility the Crown corporation was providing free Winnipeg Jets tickets to politicians or others that perhaps shouldn’t be getting them.
According to the commission’s acting president, Roman Zubach, the tickets were intended to be used for promotional purposes, “in other words, for our customers.”
But today the list of recipients was made public, and it didn’t seem to include many “customers.”
From the Canadian Press:
188 tickets went to the corporation’s head office staff, another 62 went to executives, and 66 went to board members.
Another 108 tickets were given to store managers, four tickets were given to the office of Jim Rondeau, the cabinet minister responsible for the liquor commission, eight went to something called the MLCC social club and four tickets were given to charities.
Not surprisingly, the provincial government has promised to implement a new policy forbidding cabinet ministers from receiving free Jets tickets from Crown corporations.
Something tells us charities may get a few more than four tickets next season.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 24
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)