May 8, 2012, 3:20 PM EDT
Yesterday we wrote about a potential controversy involving the Manitoba Liquor Control Commission and the possibility the Crown corporation was providing free Winnipeg Jets tickets to politicians or others that perhaps shouldn’t be getting them.
According to the commission’s acting president, Roman Zubach, the tickets were intended to be used for promotional purposes, “in other words, for our customers.”
But today the list of recipients was made public, and it didn’t seem to include many “customers.”
From the Canadian Press:
188 tickets went to the corporation’s head office staff, another 62 went to executives, and 66 went to board members.
Another 108 tickets were given to store managers, four tickets were given to the office of Jim Rondeau, the cabinet minister responsible for the liquor commission, eight went to something called the MLCC social club and four tickets were given to charities.
Not surprisingly, the provincial government has promised to implement a new policy forbidding cabinet ministers from receiving free Jets tickets from Crown corporations.
Something tells us charities may get a few more than four tickets next season.
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 2
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 42
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 15
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)