May 8, 2012, 12:44 PM EST
The Flyers head into tonight’s Game 5 without Claude Giroux and the Devils know this means they’ll get everything and more thrown at them. One thing’s for sure, New Jersey is prepared for the worst.
“Ideally, we’d love to go there and end the series, but again we expect them to play very well, so we have to keep playing the same way we are and even better,” said Zach Parise, who has been a formidable foe at both ends of the ice against the Flyers.
“I’m sure in their minds they’re not saying they’re out of it. They’re saying they want to win one game and then seen what happens. So, every little play is going to be important next game and for the rest of the series.”
The huge thing for the Flyers is that they wouldn’t be in this position if they decided to bring the thunder right from the get-go. Now that they’ve got their backs against the wall and won’t have their top point producer means if they’re going to win tonight, it’s going to be on the ugly side. Maybe that’s just how they need it to be.
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 5
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 75
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 3
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 13
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 88
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 83
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (172)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (88)
- Bruins’ Kelly out with broken ankle after Dupuis slash (85)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (83)