May 8, 2012, 12:44 PM EDT
The Flyers head into tonight’s Game 5 without Claude Giroux and the Devils know this means they’ll get everything and more thrown at them. One thing’s for sure, New Jersey is prepared for the worst.
“Ideally, we’d love to go there and end the series, but again we expect them to play very well, so we have to keep playing the same way we are and even better,” said Zach Parise, who has been a formidable foe at both ends of the ice against the Flyers.
“I’m sure in their minds they’re not saying they’re out of it. They’re saying they want to win one game and then seen what happens. So, every little play is going to be important next game and for the rest of the series.”
The huge thing for the Flyers is that they wouldn’t be in this position if they decided to bring the thunder right from the get-go. Now that they’ve got their backs against the wall and won’t have their top point producer means if they’re going to win tonight, it’s going to be on the ugly side. Maybe that’s just how they need it to be.
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 19
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 4
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 7
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 12
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)