May 8, 2012, 12:44 PM EDT
The Flyers head into tonight’s Game 5 without Claude Giroux and the Devils know this means they’ll get everything and more thrown at them. One thing’s for sure, New Jersey is prepared for the worst.
“Ideally, we’d love to go there and end the series, but again we expect them to play very well, so we have to keep playing the same way we are and even better,” said Zach Parise, who has been a formidable foe at both ends of the ice against the Flyers.
“I’m sure in their minds they’re not saying they’re out of it. They’re saying they want to win one game and then seen what happens. So, every little play is going to be important next game and for the rest of the series.”
The huge thing for the Flyers is that they wouldn’t be in this position if they decided to bring the thunder right from the get-go. Now that they’ve got their backs against the wall and won’t have their top point producer means if they’re going to win tonight, it’s going to be on the ugly side. Maybe that’s just how they need it to be.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)