May 8, 2012, 12:44 PM EDT
The Flyers head into tonight’s Game 5 without Claude Giroux and the Devils know this means they’ll get everything and more thrown at them. One thing’s for sure, New Jersey is prepared for the worst.
“Ideally, we’d love to go there and end the series, but again we expect them to play very well, so we have to keep playing the same way we are and even better,” said Zach Parise, who has been a formidable foe at both ends of the ice against the Flyers.
“I’m sure in their minds they’re not saying they’re out of it. They’re saying they want to win one game and then seen what happens. So, every little play is going to be important next game and for the rest of the series.”
The huge thing for the Flyers is that they wouldn’t be in this position if they decided to bring the thunder right from the get-go. Now that they’ve got their backs against the wall and won’t have their top point producer means if they’re going to win tonight, it’s going to be on the ugly side. Maybe that’s just how they need it to be.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 0
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 9
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 7
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 17
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 13
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (173)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)