May 7, 2012, 11:00 PM EDT
Joel Ward will certainly be criticized for his terribly timed double-minor high-sticking penalty late in the third period. However, Brad Richards also deserves a fair amount of credit for making the most of the opportunity with a game-tying goal in the dying seconds of regulation time.
You can take a look at it below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Washington goaltender Braden Holtby gave it his all and had Brad Richards been even a split second later with his shot, this game might have had a very different ending. At the same time, it was a great play by Richards, who has earned his massive paycheck with his postseason performance so far. In addition to scoring a critical goal on Monday, he was also reliable at the faceoff circle.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 33
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 13
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 94
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 17
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (94)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)