May 7, 2012, 11:00 PM EDT
Joel Ward will certainly be criticized for his terribly timed double-minor high-sticking penalty late in the third period. However, Brad Richards also deserves a fair amount of credit for making the most of the opportunity with a game-tying goal in the dying seconds of regulation time.
You can take a look at it below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Washington goaltender Braden Holtby gave it his all and had Brad Richards been even a split second later with his shot, this game might have had a very different ending. At the same time, it was a great play by Richards, who has earned his massive paycheck with his postseason performance so far. In addition to scoring a critical goal on Monday, he was also reliable at the faceoff circle.
- After prepping for three years, Franson excited to test free agency 7
- Sabres’ Kane (shoulder) ‘ahead of schedule’ with recovery 16
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 35
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 20
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 76
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 32
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 58
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 14
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (76)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (58)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)