May 7, 2012, 11:00 PM EDT
Joel Ward will certainly be criticized for his terribly timed double-minor high-sticking penalty late in the third period. However, Brad Richards also deserves a fair amount of credit for making the most of the opportunity with a game-tying goal in the dying seconds of regulation time.
You can take a look at it below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Washington goaltender Braden Holtby gave it his all and had Brad Richards been even a split second later with his shot, this game might have had a very different ending. At the same time, it was a great play by Richards, who has earned his massive paycheck with his postseason performance so far. In addition to scoring a critical goal on Monday, he was also reliable at the faceoff circle.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)