May 7, 2012, 11:00 PM EST
Joel Ward will certainly be criticized for his terribly timed double-minor high-sticking penalty late in the third period. However, Brad Richards also deserves a fair amount of credit for making the most of the opportunity with a game-tying goal in the dying seconds of regulation time.
You can take a look at it below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Washington goaltender Braden Holtby gave it his all and had Brad Richards been even a split second later with his shot, this game might have had a very different ending. At the same time, it was a great play by Richards, who has earned his massive paycheck with his postseason performance so far. In addition to scoring a critical goal on Monday, he was also reliable at the faceoff circle.
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 2
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 33
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 19
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 22
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 31
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 45
- Mike Richards clears waivers 35
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15